15 Trending Opportunities for Africans To Apply- At Empowerment Opportunities we aim to introduce Africans to the most recent opportunities that have the potential to change their lives. Interested and qualified persons are encouraged to apply for these Opportunities for Africans
Find below the 15 Trending Opportunities for Africans To Apply
1. Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards 2024 for young Entrepreneurs and innovators (Fully Funded to Global Solutions Summit in Berlin, Germany)
With the “Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards” the Global Solutions Initiative aims to identify and recognize young changemakers from all over the world who contribute actively towards a better alignment – a “recoupling” – of economic prosperity with environmental sustainability and the needs and demands of societies, communities and individuals. The award seeks to recognize concrete practices and impactful youth-led projects that drive change on the ground, while also serving as examples and inspiration beyond their immediate impact. Visit HERE for more Details
2. Mastercard Foundation On-campus Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh 2023/2024 (Fully Funded)
3. Acumen West Africa Fellowship Leadership Programme 2024
The West Africa Acumen Fellowship is a rigorous leadership program that brings together a cohort of extraordinary individuals working on problems of poverty and equips them with the knowledge, skills, and community to strengthen their leadership and scale their ventures to create meaningful change in West Africa. Visit HERE for more Details
4. UN Global Compact’s Young SDG Innovators Programme 2023/2024 for young Professionals
Within the UN Global Compact network, participating organizations have access to a unique opportunity called the SDG Innovation Accelerator for Young Professionals. It gives these organizations’ youthful talent the confidence to work together and spur commercial innovation that supports the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Visit HERE for more Details
5. University of Edinburgh Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2023/2024 Online Learning Scholarships (Fully Funded)
6. Reporters Without Borders (RSF) Rest & Refuge Fellowship 2024 for Journalists
The Rest & Resilience Fellowship is a joint program by the taz Panter Foundation and Reporters Without Borders (RSF), which has taken place annually since 2015. This year’s call for application is open from on!
RSF is an international human rights organization that defends the freedom of the press and information worldwide. The taz Panter Foundation, in close cooperation with the tageszeitung (taz), supports critical journalists as well as the social engagement of independent initiatives in Germany and worldwide. Visit HERE for more Details
7. The Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2024/2025 at Columbia University (Fully Funded leadership development program in New York City, USA)
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University, a part of Columbia World Projects and Columbia Global, launched the application for its seventh cohort today, inviting rising leaders from around the world to apply to participate in a nine-month immersive program of academic, skill-based and experiential learning. Visit HERE for more Details
8. United Nations Youth Champions for Disarmament Training Programme 2nd edition (Fully Funded to UN HQ in New York, USA)
United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres has made a major push to engage and empower young people, recognizing their participation as essential for identifying new solutions that will secure the breakthroughs that our world urgently needs.
To that end, the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA), with generous financial support from the Government of Germany, are calling on young people to apply for the 2nd edition of the United Nations Youth Champions for Disarmament Training Programme – an innovative learning programme aimed at empowering youth to work for disarmament in their communities. Visit HERE for more Details
9. McKinsey’s Forward Learning Program 2024 for young African Professionals.
A free, five-month online learning journey that equips young talent with must-have practical skills to help them succeed in the future of work. It focuses on critical leadership, business, and digital skills that are relevant and transferable across industries and roles. Forward is available across Africa, the Middle East, Pakistan, Turkey, and Azerbaijan. Visit HERE for more Details
10. Hanga Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) Program for African tech Startups ($30,000 USD in grant funding)
The Hanga Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) Program was conceived by the Government of Rwanda in 2022 through HangaPitchFest to explore the opportunity that exists for technology enabled startups to solve key issues in SRH to accelerate better outcomes. This year, we are excited to work with key partners to scout, select, and provide technical and business support to 20 startups in Sub-Saharan Africa working on innovative tech-enabled solutions that are addressing challenges in ways that break the mold in SRH. Visit HERE for more Details
11. Melton Foundation Global Citizenship Learning Fellowship Program for University Students.
12. DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship Program for young Scholars
The DAAD/AGI Research Fellowship Program, funded by a generous grant from the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD), is designed to bring both senior and junior scholars and specialists working on key issues of central importance to the German-American relationship to AGI for research stays of between two to four consecutive months each.
AGI offers several fellowships, which include a monthly stipend of up to €3,204 (depending on the seniority of the applicant); transportation to and from Washington, DC; financial support for research-related travel to institutions within the DAAD center network (Centers for German and European Studies) in North America; and office space at the Institute. Visit HERE for more Details
13. Earth Journalism Network (EJN) Reporting Fellowship Program 2024 for journalists