Deadline : August 15th, 2019
The Institut français (headquarters in Paris) is launching the 2020 call for applications for its residency programme at the Cité Internationale des Arts.
This programme is intended for foreign artists wishing to develop a research and creation project in Paris, for a period of 3 or 6 months.
Since its creation in 1965, the Cité Internationale des Arts in Paris has hosted artists from all around the world. It offers a living space which encourages intercultural dialogue, where artists have the chance to meet their audiences and industry professionals. In partnership with 135 French and international organisations, each month it hosts over 300 artists from all disciplines, generations and walks of life.
Applications from artists based in Nigeria have to be supported and submitted by the Institut français du Nigéria. We offer to support the artist’s travel expenses only. We will not finance the living and production expenses: this has to be taken care of by the artist and/or other cultural partners.
Applications submitted directly by artists shall not be accepted.
The artist must:
• be engaged in professional life
• speak French and/or English
• provide evidence of previous work
• be independent in the management of the residency
• be free from professional obligations throughout the period of the stay.
There is no age limit.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SENT TO:
• A short summary of the project concerned
• The artist’s contact information (postal address, e-mail, phone no.)
• Details on the project in progress
• Information on aid and residencies already obtained in the past
• Information on aid to be received for this residency (for living and production expenses)
• In an attached file, a CV and a brief summary of the CV
• In an attached file, an artistic file
• A specific project for the residency, attached file (max. 5 pages)
• 3 photographs of the project, as well as 1 portrait of the artist with captions and copyright
• A copy of his/her passport
• A signed statement ensuring that the works to be presented are by the artist
• Links to audio or video websites for excerpts when needed
• Press articles (optional)
Heavy files (artistic file, photographs) must be sent via WeTransfer.
Submission of applications to the Institut français du Nigéria (IFN): until 15 August 2019
Pre-selection by the IFN: from August 16 to August 30 2019 (interviews)
Selection committee: September 2019
Notification of results: October 2019
Residencies will take place from the beginning of January 2020