Application Deadline: 30th of September 2019.
The Tiso Foundation through its Undergraduate Bursary Programme in partnership with various South African Universities seeks to identify deserving previously disadvantaged candidates who have demonstrated talent and determination in their previous academic lives.
The Foundation nurtures and empowers participants to achieve their academic potential, and go on to a meaningful career that will have a lasting impact on their careers, communities and the country. Scholarships are awarded to under privileged youth from marginalized communities who meet the selection criteria.
Selection criteria include; good to excellent matric results or academic performance (if already registered at University), a dedication to their studies and a willingness to meaningfully participate in upliftment programmes existing in the communities from which they emanate. A highly competitive selection process ensures these bursaries are accessed and utilised by students with the greatest promise.
Throughout the programme, beneficiaries are offered life skills training and academic support. Upon completion the Foundation is available to assist the best students to access career opportunities through its network of corporate and institutional relationships.
The programme aims:
• To promote equity in the workplace by supporting strong black students to acquire the necessary academic qualifications
• To help address the skills shortage in the economy
• To address challenges of poverty through the avenue of human capital development.
Since inception, the Foundation has funded more than 90 students pursuing degrees and national diplomas in accredited institutions of higher learning. Going forward,the Foundation targets to support 65 students per year through partnerships with various stakeholders.
Candidates must meet these selection criteria:
• Must be between the ages of 18 and 34
• Students must be South African citizens
• You must be from the previously disadvantaged groups as outlined by the South African government (Black, Coloured or Indian)
• Must be in possession of excellent matric results with a minimum average of 70%.
• Must produce excellent results if already registered as a full time student a minimum of 65% average.
• Must be financially needy and unemployed.
• Must portray and excellent positive attitude.
• Must be dedicated to their studies.
Must provide references.
• Must be willing to give back to the community.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Tiso Foundation Tertiary Bursary Programme 2019