DEADLINE: Friday 29th November 2019, 17.00 GMT
Since 2015 the Sociological Review Foundation (SRF) have been running an annual competition to provide funds of up to £1000 per applicant for unfunded PhD students and postdocs (within three years of completion) to facilitate their attendance of, and participation in conferences. This was in recognition of the difficulties faced by Early Career Researchers (ECRs) in raising the funds required to take part in these events.
We welcome applications from early career scholars (including postgraduate research students) around the world, working in disciplines across the social sciences, to facilitate their attendance of, and participation in conferences. Applications are evaluated by a team of reviewers drawn from The Sociological Review editorial board across a variety of research interests and career trajectories.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they plan to give a paper at the conference taking place in the year 2020
- Applicants must not be in receipt of other funds such as DTC, University and ESRC scholarships, postdoctoral funding with specific allowance for conference attendance.
- Applicants must not be in permanent academic position or in receipt of a full-time wage.
- However, we will accept applications from ECRs on a teaching only fellowship on a full-time wage with a contract for 12 month or less who are not given access to institutional or research council conference funding.
- Postdoctoral applicants must be within three years of the award of their PhD (excluding career breaks taken for health or maternity/ paternity leave).
- You have not received this conference award in previous years.
- The funding cannot be split across different conferences.
- You will be expected to provide a 750-word report – of the event or of your paper – for The Sociological Review blog within one month of the event.
Click here to apply for conference funding
Deadline for applications Friday 29th November 2019, 17.00 GMT. We cannot accept late application under any circumstances.
If you have any queries please email: [email protected]
Please note, that you cannot be in receipt of more than one of following SRF awards in the same year 2020: ECR conference support 2020, a place at the ECR Writing Retreat 2020. You are entitled to apply for as many SRF awards and activities as desired, however should your application be successful in more than one of the listed above, you will be required to select one award only.