Deadline : Sunday, 17th November, 2019 | 12:00am WAT
The 2019 Loretta Ogboro-Okor Short Story Prize Contest for Unpublished Short story Fiction (#50,000 Prize)
Crater Library& Publisher in collaboration with AfricaWeek UK welcomes short stories
submission for Loretta Ogboro-Okor Prize for Short Story Fiction.
Theme: Waving Flag
Despite the shared history, traditions, culture, religion, and languages of Nigerians, there exists a struggle with national identity. This struggle makes it hard for patriotism to be at the core of nation building.
Waving Flag explores fictitious but compelling stories capable of arousing and reviving
patriotism in every Nigerian. Waving Flag is simply a story that depicts all that is good about Nigeria.
We welcome your short stories (fiction) with compelling characters, sparkling dialogue with
strong and original voices.
The winner will be announced and awarded a prize of N50,000 on the 14th of December at the Crater Literary Festival, Enugu.
• All gender, 18-35 years old
• Nigerians resident in Nigeria.
• Multiple entries are not accepted.
• This prize is only for unpublished writing. (Online publications and self published
publications are ineligible).
• Crater Library & Publisher reserves the right to disqualify any entry that breaches these
• Word limit is 5,000 words maximum (no minimum). Title not included. 12 font size and
Times New Roman font, 1.5 line spacing.
• All pages must be paginated.
• Preferred file formats of entries: PDF
• PDF entries should have title (placed center) and word count (placed far right)
• The body of the email shall include a short bio stating name, year of birth, address (place
and state of residence), phone number and title of entry.
• Submit entry to “[email protected]“.
• Subject title of email must be “Entry for Loretta Ogboro-Okor Prize for Short Story