Deadline: NOVEMBER 12, 2019
PAID INTERNSHIPS & EXECUTIVE MENTORSHIP FOR EXCEPTIONAL UNDERGRADUATE WOMEN AND GENDER-MINORITY STUDENTS IN AEROSPACE
READY TO JOIN THE BROOKIE FAMILY? WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR OUR CLASS OF 2020! BROOKE OWENS FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION 2020
Brooke Owens Fellows are selected for their talent, their experience to date, their commitment to service, and their creativity. Their experience in the program is designed to help them grow in each of those areas, turning promising students into thriving leaders.
Fellows are matched by industry leaders to specific intern positions at one of the most exciting organizations in aerospace. Over the course of a ~12 week summer, Fellows complete meaningful projects, learn valuable skills, and are paid a living wage.
Each Fellow is also matched with two senior- or executive-level mentors—one at their host company and one elsewhere in the industry. Our pool of Mentors includes astronauts, CEOs, award-winning journalists, and senior government officials. Mentors provide tailored advice on how to make the most of the Fellowship experience—and how to build a career.
During the summer, all Fellows come together for a exclusive, one-of-a-kind Summit, making valuable connections and learning important skills. In addition to team projects and one-on-one mentoring sessions, the Summit features intense, private Q&A sessions with Congresswomen, astronauts, CEOS, and company founders.
By earning her spot in the program, each Fellow is forever included in the Brooke Owens Fellowship network—including an open and direct line of communication to our programs founders, mentors, host companies, and supporters—in addition to the other extraordinary and passionate women in our alumnae network.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- identifies as a woman or another type of gender-minority, b) who is currently pursuing a bachelors or associates degree as of November 2019, and c) is interested in a career in any facet of the aerospace community is eligible to be selected for our Class of 2020.
- People of all ages, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds are encouraged to apply – this program is specifically designed to serve as an on-ramp into the industry for talented humans from under-represented genders, regardless of their background.
- A note for applicants who are not US citizens or permanent residents: we are huge believers in the value of international perspectives and contributions. We also know that due to export control regulations, internships at many Host Institutions are restricted to US .citizens or US permanent residents (green card holders). So, while we very much encourage you to apply, we also want to be up front about the fact that your odds are significantly lower than those of an applicant from the USA.
HOW TO APPLY
- A current résumé or CV.
- A current transcript (unofficial is okay for now, if your college or university charges you to send an official one).
- A total of three letters of recommendation, addressing specific aspects of your candidacy
- Three original works responding to three of our prompts.
For more Information: Visit the website for BROOKE OWENS FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION 2020