The American chamber of commerce of the Philippines AmCham Business Leadership Program (BLP) aims to make tomorrow’s business and community leaders aware of the contributions of multinational businesses to the country’s development.
It offers well-qualified undergraduate Filipino students an opportunity to gain a new understanding of key global business and economic issues, through a program of site tours plus in-depth discussions with management professionals from a wide spectrum of top AmCham member companies and facilities in and around Manila, as time permits.
In addition, the BLP aims to:
Promote a venue for the constructive competitive exchange of ideas among aspiring young leaders from various
universities across the country;
Harness students’ analytical and problem-solving skills in the context of real-life business environment; and
Help students enhance mutual understanding, cooperation, and communication skills, especially with AmCham
The BLP is a week-long program for university students, consisting of company visits, meetings with CEOs, and a mentored
ADMISSION TO THE PROGRAM
a) Filipino Citizen
b) For 2020, the program is open to 3rd, 4th and 5th years in any course
c) Excellent English Language Skills
d) Documented Outstanding Leadership Qualities
e) Top Scholastic Records
COSTS AND OTHER EXPENSES
There is no cost for applying and participating in the BLP.
All BLP participants will be housed at a residential facility in Makati throughout the week and with subsidized costs of transportation to and from Makati (by land for those from Luzon and air for those from the Visayas and Mindanao) for the duration of the program.
AmCham will provide transportation and meals for all activities during the program.
1) Applicant must submit the following:
Temporary Transcript of Records and Certification of latest Grade Point Average (GPA)
From the Registrar – and with this, must also provide his/her school’s grading system and procedure for computing the GPA. (IMPORTANT NOTE:Without the information on the computation method, the applicant will not be considered; it is imperative to the selection process.)
Completed Application Form
Essays (Topics are noted on the Application Form)
Letter of Personal Recommendation from the College Dean.
2) Documents must be submitted to appropriate school officially (eg. the faculty Dean or Program Director) for review and consideration for submission to the AmCham BLP Committee, with school officials’ signature. Only a maximum of five students per school will be selected for pre-screening.
3) The BLP Committee will then make an initial selection of students submissions based on the above criteria. (All criteria MUST be observed when documents are submitted – otherwise the applicant will be disqualified.)
4) Those students initially selected will be advised and called for a Verbal English Proficiency and Leadership Competencies Assessment, General and Critical Reasoning Tests, to be administered by the AmCham BLP Committee. Students who successfully perform in the above tests will then be called for a personal interview.
5) After this personal interview, a final selection will be made and the students and the schools will be notified in
writing. ONLY 30 STUDENTS WILL BE SELECTED, NATIONWIDE
Email the filled up requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more Information : Visit the website for AMCHAM Business Leadership Program 2020 for Filipino Youths