Open Minds Young Voices Youth Activists Programme – Applications now open for 2020
The Open Minds – Young Voices Programme is an empowerment programme aimed at developing young, motivated and proactive Nigerians that are working and advocating for social justice and good governance and have great leadership potentials.
Successful applicants benefit from educational modules that enhance their knowledge on issues of socio-economic and political relevance in Nigeria. Practical sessions include skills training on project management, group facilitation, conflict management, advocacy and leadership.
Candidates must be:
- between the ages of 18 and 32 by the time of application,
- conversant with socio-economic and political issues in Nigeria,
- creative, progressive and willing to become change agents,
- have the potential to be positive role models,
- able to communicate fluently in English and partake in regular group assignments,
- resident in Abuja or surroundings and cater for their transportation to/from the training,
- ready to commit to the 95% attendance requirement.
Who Should Apply?
If you are actively engaged in any sector of the society including, but not limited to, trade unions, civil society organizations, research institutions, administration, educational institutions and the media; if you have shown commitment to representing the common interest of the Nigerian people – then we are happy to receive your application!
Location and Period of Programme
- March to November 2020 at Wuse II, Abuja
- Every second and fourth weekend of the month, for 16 – 18 weekends
- Saturdays from 9.00 am – 5.00 pm; and Sundays from 12.00 pm – 5.00 pm
How to Apply?
- an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- a Letter of motivation answering the question “How will the programme improve your work for the common good of the Nigerian society?” (500 – 1000 Words).
Deadline is Monday, 25 November 2019 by 23:59 WAT and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Qualified women and persons living with disability are strongly encouraged to apply!
For more Information: Visit the website for 2020 ‘Open Minds – Young Voices’ Youth Activists Programme