Deadline: March 16th 2019
Every year, Technovation invites teams of girls from all over the world to learn and apply the skills needed to solve real-world problems through technology.
Technovation Girls is a free technology-based program for girls ages 10 – 18.
Working in teams (of 1 to 5), girls find a problem in their community and build a mobile app to help solve it. Along the way, they develop their collaboration, problem-solving, and leadership skills. Technovation Girls will take 30+ hours to complete (we recommend allocated about 12 weeks to finish) and is completely free.
Any girl or young woman (ages 10-18) interested in Technovation Girls is eligible to compete.
To join our competition, a girl must create or join a team on our online platform, have a parent/guardian sign the consent form and meet the following Student Participation criteria:
- All students must be between the ages of 10 to 18 as of August 1, 2020.
- All students must identify as female. No males can enter the competition.
- Teams are composed of 1 to 5 students. Students can only join 1 team.
- Competition Divisions are based on the age of the oldest student on the team.
- Students can participate in Technovation Girls for multiple seasons until they reach the age of 18
- Students can work with the same team members and mentors, but they cannot submit the materials to competition over multiple years.
- Teams can explore the same problem, but the app prototype must be different each year.
January 14, 2020: Official Start of 2020 Season
March 16, 2020:Last Day to Register as a student or mentor (All members of your team must have registered and joined your team)
March 23, 2020: Judge registration opens for volunteers who’d like to help choose the winners of our competition
April 20, 2020. 19:00 UTC : Competition Submission Deadline Mid-April – Mid-May, 2020: Regional Pitch Events & Online Judging
Early June, 2020: Semifinal Online Judging
August, 2020 – Technovation Global Summit
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Technovation Challenge 2020