Application for National Federation of young farmers club Future Agricultural Leaders Fellowship 2020 is now open. Expand your world as you learn about new technologies and production practices and connect with other future agricultural leaders during an intensive 18-day fellowship in the United States.
Based at the University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, and Washington, D.C. Fellows will:
- Observe U.S. agricultural production practices first-hand with an emphasis on the livestock, dairy and grain industries. Fellows will visit a variety of producers including family-owned farms, organic operations and large-scale commercial operations.
- Meet with U.S. regulatory officials and trade groups, including representatives of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and livestock and dairy producer associations.
- Participate in cultural activities, including a homestay with a local family and social activities to build connections and explore rural life in the United States.
- Visit U.S. national landmarks in Washington, D.C.
- Develop leadership skills through programming with the University of Georgia’s J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development.
The fellowship pays for the cost of airfare, ground transportation, visa fees, meals, all instruction and single-occupancy lodging.
Fellows will be selected from nominations of members between the ages of 18 and 26 by the National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs (NFYFC), the Scottish Association of Young Farmers Clubs (SAYFC) or the Young Farmers’ Clubs of Ulster (YFCU).
Successful applications will demonstrate active membership and involvement in the NFYFC, SAYFC or YFCU; experience or interest in agricultural leadership and policy; significant agriculture-related work or study activities, particularly in the areas of livestock, dairy, and grain; commitment to a career in agriculture; openness to international experience and cross-cultural exchange; and interest in international agricultural issues and comparative production practices.
To be considered, applicants must be nominated by the NFYFC, SAYFC or YFCU. Applicants interested in nomination must complete the application found at international.uga.edu/agricultural-fellowship, including uploading two letters of recommendation, no later than February 9, 2020 at 11:59pm GMT.
Questions regarding the application process may be submitted to email@example.com no later than 7 February 2020.
For more Information: Visit the website for Future Agricultural Leaders Fellowship 2020