Deadline: November 20, 2020
2020 African Students For Liberty Local Coordinators Program (Cohort 2)
Applications are open for the second cohort of the African Students For Liberty Local Coordinators Program 2020. The ASFL Local Coordinator Program is the premiere program for actively advancing the ideas of free markets, entrepreneurship, technology, philosophy, economics, free speech, toleration, rule of law, and individual liberty in colleges and campuses across Africa.
It is a program for young individuals to learn more about free-market principles, the philosophy of liberty, and how it drives meaningful social change. This grassroots program seeks out strong student leaders to spread the ideas of individual liberty, self-reliance, and economic freedom by starting new student groups, organizing events to promote these ideas, and mentoring other vibrant students to assume leadership positions in the global students’ movement for liberty and social change.
2020 African Students For Liberty Local Coordinators Program Benefits
- The Local Coordinator Program is designed to train you as an all-around leader by gaining skills in areas such as fundraising, public speaking, professionalism, advocacy, effective communication, event organizing, talent identification, and so much more.
- Trained leaders will gain access to writing opportunities, leadership programs, internships, and all-year-round seminars and conferences with ASFL’s international network of partners. You will be introduced to students and partner organizations from all around the globe who share the same ideas and are fighting for a freer future.
2020 African Students For Liberty Local Coordinators Program Eligibility
- Open to the top student leaders in Africa.
- All members of SFL’s Local Coordinator Program must be current university students (undergraduate or graduate) in Africa.
- Applicants interested in becoming a Local Coordinators should be able to dedicate 5-10 hours per week to the program for one academic year.
- Successful applicants will be professional, personable and excellent communicators.
- Have at least 1 year of leadership experience in a pro-liberty student group;
- Ability to manage muiltiple projects at once;
- Looking to develop their own skillsets;
- Strong self-motivation to complete projects with little to no oversight;
- A passion for the ideas of liberty and for organizing to make the world a freer place; and
- Enjoy staying up until 2am talking to other students about how to advance liberty
Interested students and recent graduates are invited to apply and thereafter successful applicants will go through two levels of training and an interview with a top leaders before being confirmed as a Local Coordinator. The training is available in English, French & Portuguese languages.
Apply in English, French or Portuguese.
For more information: Visit the webpage for African Students For Liberty Local Coordinators Program (Cohort 2)