Application Deadline: May 3rd 2020
2020 IDEX Virtual Fellowship Program Application in Social Enterprise (Scholarship Available)
Given The Current Global Public Health Issue Around COVID-19, IDEX Has Decided To Suspend All In-Person Engagements For The Interim And Will Only Be Offering The Virtual Fellowship Program At Present.
IDEX Is Developing The Next Wave Of “Social Intrapreneurs” Who Will Support, Lead And Advance The Work Of Socially-Focused Enterprises Around The World!
This Fellowship is for young professionals (21 – 35 years old) from across the globe who want to deep dive into the social impact sector and make the transition to social enterprise practitioner. Now in it’s 10th year of operation, the IDEX Fellowship offers applicants multiple options in terms of how they may direct their fellowship experience and learnings. We’ve worked hard to ensure the accessibility of the program and now we’re going a step ahead.
The virtual program is designed to enable young professionals to acquire the tools and resources to operate virtually as well as upskill themselves for a successful career in social entrepreneurship.
IDEX has the privilege of working with some of the most influential organisations (sneak peek here). We’ve come to better understand how to bridge the talent gap in this rapidly evolving development sector. Now, we’re searching all corners of the world for individuals who are committed and passionate about having a high-impact career and advancing the social impact space.
The Virtual Fellowship Program
- Ideal for those looking to continue their present living / working situations and keen on exploring career / specialization opportunities in the social impact sector and seeking upskilling for the same.
- Especially suitable for those looking to equip themselves with the tools and resources to work effectively in a virtual environment.
- Each Fellow will gain access to the online learning labs/ project with 3-4 social enterprises from across the globe/ learning webinars/live community engagement with 300+ alumni/and one-on-one meetings with resident mentors.
- Supported in terms of key theory and practical subject knowledge and understanding how one might begin to align themselves professionally towards pursuing a career in the sector.
- Your organisation has the opportunity to participate as one of the live case challenges wherein the Cohort will work with a senior member or Founder of your organisation to develop real world solutions to an existing problem statement in your organisation.
We are seeking young professionals (ages 21-35) who have a proven track record of leadership and are seeking to use their education and skills to address social and economic challenges for under-served populations. IDEX Fellows come from a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds, as each individual fellowship position requires different specific skills. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience
- Proven track record of leadership responsibilities
- A passion and desire to work or learn about emerging markets and use social enterprise principles to solve global issues
- An ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments
- Desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying creative solutions to deepen impact
- Strategically transitioning your professional skills to service the development sector with greater emerging markets context.
- Adding professional credibility while accessing relevant and progressive Professional Development Learning Labs covering themes of Human Centered Design, Resource Mobilization, Communications Strategies and Impact Assessment
- Capacity Building Sessionsled by Subject Matter Experts who are seasoned professionals and thought leaders in their respective fields
- Being engaged with an incredible diversity of world views and experiences
- Life Skilling – getting comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Exposure to invaluable professional networks and alumni network opportunities.
- Internationally recognized Professional Certification in Social Enterprise and post fellowship support.
- A global family for life!
- Application Deadline – 3rd May, 2020
- Fellowship Start Date – 1st July, 2020
- Fellowship End Date – 18th December, 2020
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the 2020 IDEX Virtual Fellowship Program