Deadline: July 15th 2020
Applications are now open for U.S Embassy & Consulate in Nigeria Public Diplomacy (PD) Small Grants Program 2020 ($50,000)
The U.S. Mission Nigeria’s Public Affairs Sections are pleased to issue this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for their Public Diplomacy (PD) small grants program. This annual program statement outlines PAS’ funding priorities and the procedures for submitting applications for funding.
Purpose of PAS Grants:PAS awards a limited number of grants to individuals, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, and other civil society entities that further the Embassy’s policy goals and strengthen relations between the American and Nigerian peoples. PAS will prioritize grant program proposals that:
- Promote Nigeria’s democratic governance, unity and stability by improving government transparency and accountability, the rule of law, a free and professional media, as well as civil society capacity and engagement;
- Strengthen human capital to promote inclusive economic growth and development via entrepreneurship, STEM education, women’s empowerment, youth engagement, and cultural exchange;
- Protect against security threats and foster peace and stability through measures to counter violent extremism, reduce human trafficking and illegal immigration, mitigate rural violence, and encourage peaceful dialogue and non-violent conflict resolution;
- Improve and expand English language learning through curriculum development and teacher training, in partnership with U.S. education institutions where possible.
Award Information (U.S Nigeria Small Grants)
Funding Instrument Type: Grant or Cooperative Agreement. The majority of successful proposals will be supported via a grant instrument. In some instances, a Cooperative Agreement may be used in cases requiring a higher level of involvement from PAS staff in managing the award. The PAS Abuja or PAS Lagos grants management team will provide further information regarding Cooperative Agreements as needed.
Floor of Individual and/or Organizational Award Amounts: $5,000
Ceiling of Individual and/or Organizational Award Amounts: $50,000
Project and Budget Periods:
- Grant projects generally must be completed in one year or less. PAS will entertain applications for continuation grants funded under these awards beyond the initial budget period on a noncompetitive basis subject to availability of funds, satisfactory progress of the program, and a determination that continued funding would be in the best interest of the U.S. Department of State.
- A project’s sustainability beyond the funding period is a key criterion in evaluating applications.
Eligibility Information (U.S Nigeria Small Grants)
PAS encourages applications from individuals or organizations located in Nigeria, the United States, or abroad including:
- Not-for-profit and civil society/non-governmental organizations with at least two years of programming experience and with evidence of required registrations;
- Individuals with two years of not-for-profit, project management, or education experience; and,
- Registered educational institutions.
Application Submission and Deadline
Proposals should be submitted online to the U.S. Mission Nigeria at the following email addresses: [email protected] or [email protected].. Applications and all supporting documents are accepted in English only. While budget figures may be calculated in naira before converting to U.S. dollars, final budget figures must be stated in U.S. dollars as this is the currency in which awards are made irrespective of the exchange rate in effect at the time of award.
PAS Abuja (for the states of Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara, and the FCT), will accept proposals in two tranches and review them according to the following schedule:
- Proposals received by March 16, 2020 will be reviewed in March-April with results issued by April 30;
- Proposals received from March 17 through July 15, 2020 will be reviewed in July-August with responses issued by September 21.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the U.S Embassy & Consulate in Nigeria Public Diplomacy (PD) Small Grants Program 2020