The Goethe-Institut Nigeria supports Nigerian artists and cultural experts in implementing their projects.
For the past years, the Goethe-Institut Nigeria has supported a wide range of projects created and implemented by Nigerian artists and initiatives in various art forms: Music, contemporary dance, photography, (documentary) films, theatre, visual arts and many more.
Goethe-Institut also supports artists, who are invited to German festivals but do not have enough funding to join. We regard this support as a very crucial and important one in order to give young and upcoming people in the cultural landscape of Nigeria a chance to be heard and seen.
In order to facilitate the application procedure and to make it more transparent for all artistic and cultural initiatives in the country, we invite interested applicants to send us their project application if they would like to enter into a professional partnership with the Goethe-Institut Nigeria.
Target group and requirements:
- individuals, who already received an official invitation to a German cultural festival
- artists and cultural initiatives (no individuals) that work professionally (at least 3 years of experience), who want to organize a cultural project in Nigeria
- the project idea has to be already developed and has reached a certain level of preparation
- the project has to be implemented in the second half of the year 2020, latest by December 10, 2020
- only completely and correctly filled out application forms will be considered
- the budget request may not exceed 2000,-EURO
- the initiative has to be registered and has a bank account
- Application deadline: 01. March 2020
- an independent jury will select the projects by end of April
- Project implementation: 01. September – 10.December 2020
- Submission of a project report: by end of February 2021
- CV of the project leader
- passport copy
Please send your documents to Oludamilare Kolawole: OLUDAMILARE.KOLAWOLE@GOETHE.DE