Deadline: March 11 2020
SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) 2020 program
Applications are now open for The 2020 SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) program.
The SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) is a training program developed to build new networks, knowledge and practices for increased transparency, efficiency and resilience in public administration.
The young professionals program also aims to strengthen you and your individual capabilities to meet the requirements of a modern governance structure. As a participant of SAYP, you will be able to expand your own contact networks and share ideas, experiences and challenges with other like-minded professionals.
SAYP is a collaboration between Swedish institute and Swedish universities. The specific topics of the SAYP modules may vary from year to year.
Topics this year for SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) are:
- Perspectives on Multi-level Governance, Decentralisation & Human Rights
- Migration and Integration in the Eastern Partnership and the Baltic Sea Region
- Sustainable Public Management
- Sustainable e-Government for Resilient and Innovative Democratic public administration (SeGRID)
- Transnational Public Administration and Organizing
It is possible to attend one out five modules. Read more about the thematic modules and the organisers under ‘How to apply’.
SAYP is also conducted in Western Balkans. You may read more about the programme here.
Cost for SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) Program
Participation in SAYP is free of charge and includes meals, accommodation and travel.
SAYP will give you:
- Opportunity to develop your professional skills
- Tools to apply in your own organisations and local contexts
- Knowledge within sustainable modern governance
- Experience of cross-sectorial work environment
- Personal and professional network
- Lifelong membership in the SI Alumni Network
- Exclusive access to Peer Shadowing and other tools for continued learning
ELIGIBILITY FOR SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP)
You can apply if you are:
- Citizen of and currently working in one of the selected countries- Available for Armenia, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Sweden, Ukraine
- Have good command of English language
- Have a relevant higher education (at least three years)
- 35 years or younger (born 1985- )
- Employed in one of the following groups:
1. Policymakers (politicians, government officials, employees of political parties)
2. Public servants (non-political civil servants working at government agencies)
3. Civil society workers (CSO/NGO employees)
What’s included in the SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) Program
The first part of the programme takes place in the participants’ home countries in the form of preparatory meetings/webinars and/or reading of material provided by the thematic module organisers.
This is followed by an intense thematic two-weeks-module during the period of May – October. The thematic module is held in Sweden or in one of the programme countries. Read more about the thematic modules under ‘How to apply’.