Deadline: 28th March 2020
HEC INDIGENOUS PH.D. FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM 2020 FOR PAKISTAN/AJK NATIONALS
The specific objective of the 5000 Indigenous Scholarship Scheme is to create a critical mass of highly qualified human resources in all fields of studies taught at the advanced level in local universities. These locally qualified academics and researchers will improve the R&D potential of public as well as private universities and it will also strengthen the local industrial sector.
With the launching of the scheme, research culture in public/private sector Universities has been developed in accordance with International norms/standards. This project is focused at diversified disciplines belonging to all fields of Science & Technology as well as Social Sciences, Humanities and Life Sciences. To enhance the research facilities in these fields the Higher Education Commission has funded many Departments/Universities to establish research labs. This has brought tremendous change in research culture of the Pakistani Universities.
HEC has kept great emphasis on indigenous scholarship schemes because locally trained researchers work on local problems of great national significance. Their research, therefore, is expected to have direct relevance to the growth and socio-economic development of Pakistan.
In addition, this scheme also provides funds to the Universities for upgrading their research facilities particularly small laboratory equipment, chemicals, IT equipment etc. which not only facilitates research of the HEC scholar but also serves as an asset for the department to establish up to date research laboratories.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – HEC INDIGENOUS PH.D FELLOWSHIP
- a) Pakistani/AJK National
- b) For MS/MPhil, the candidates must have minimum of 16 years of education with no 3rd division or Grade D in degree/certificate in the entire academic career.
- c) Candidates applying for direct PhD scholarships must have minimum CGPA 3.0( out of 4.0 in the semester system) or first division (in the annual system) in MS/MPhil/Equivalent degree is required along with the condition mentioned above in clause (b).
- d) Maximum age at the closing date of application.
- 40 years for full-time regular faculty members of public sector university/DAIs and regular employee of the public sector/R&D organizations
- 35 years for all others.
- e) The candidates who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
HOW TO APPLY FOR HEC INDIGENOUS PH.D FELLOWSHIP
Fresh intake for reception of online applications is open till 28th March 2020.