Deadline: 17:00 March 30th, 2020 (UTC/GMT +08:00)
President Scholarship for International Students of SWUFE in China 2020. Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE) invites applications for the President Scholarship open to students who must be non-Chinese citizens in the 2020/2021 academic session.
- Scholarship Details for SWUFE 2020 President Scholarship
(1) Full Scholarship
- Accommodation on campus
- Living allowance: CNY 1200/month for bachelor students, CNY 1500/month for master students and CNY1800/month for PhD students.
(2) Partial Scholarship only includes tuition
- Application Time
08:00 January 15th, 2020 ~ 17:00 March 30th, 2020 (UTC/GMT +08:00)
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid personal passport, be in good health, and abide by the laws and regulations of Chinese Government and local government, as well as regulations of SWUFE.
(2) Educational background:
- Applicants for bachelor degree studies must have a graduate certificate from high schools;
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree;
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree;
(3) Applicants must meet all requirements of the majors, including academic level, research ability, language level and others;
(4) Age limit:
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies should be at the age of 18 to 30.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies should be at the age of 18 to 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies should be at the age of 18 to 40.
(5) Applicants are not sponsored by any other type of Chinese government scholarship;
(6) For those who have given up their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens, the conditions set by the Document No. 83 (2009) of Ministry of Education of the PRC should be met.
- Language Requirement
(1) Chinese-Taught Program: HSK certificate (HSK 4), or pass the school exam. Applicants whose native language is Chinese do not need to provide language level certificate.
(2) English-Taught Program: IELTS certificate or TOFEL certificate (IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 95 and above), or pass the school exam. Applicants whose native language is English do not need to provide language level certificate.
(3) Language requirements above are the minimum.
- Academic Programs and Teaching Language
Please check the programs list and the language of programs in attachment 1.
- Application documents
Applicants shall all submit online application at http://admission.swufe.edu.cn/member/login.do before March 30th, 2020 and upload all documents required as below:
(1) One passport photo taken within 6 months (Valid personal passport is required);
(2) Notarized highest educational degree or diploma certificate;
(3) Notarized highest educational transcript;
(4) First page of your valid personal passport;
(5) Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);
The referee should be professor or associate professor or person with relevant academic title;
(6) The copy of language certificate;
(7) Medical Examination Report (Attachment 2, within 6 months);
(8) Other Optional documents.
All documents should be presented in English or Chinese. If not, a notarized translation version in English or Chinese is mandatory. Documents without translation in English or Chinese are not valid.
If necessary, Admission Office will require applicants to submit extra documents.
- Application Procedures
Please refer to the Attachment 3.
- Application Fee
(1) Application fee is CNY600. If you want to make the payment online, please follow the instruction at application website.
(2) Application without paying application fee will not be processed.
(3) Application fee is not refunded under any circumstances.
Registration Date will be stated in Admission Letter. Please register on time. For those who do not register on time as requested in Admission Letter, SWUFE reserves the right to withdraw the admission offer and scholarship offer. Original application material will be checked during registration. Any invalid, incorrect, inauthentic document and information will disqualify your scholarship and registration.
- Other Notes
(1) International students who have been granted the scholarship are required to complete the Scholarship Annual Review Form, and submit together with supplementary materials, such as transcripts, certificates of awards, letters of recommendation and publications, to CIE before May 1 each year. If students fail the annual review, SWUFE CIE reserves the right to suspend the scholarship, or lower the standard of scholarship, or suspend, or terminate scholarship.
(2) Applicants please apply from CIE directly for all type of scholarship. Please check your application status in the application system (http://admission.swufe.edu.cn/member/login.do).
(3) The content above is subject to change based on change of Chinese laws and regulations in 2020.
(4) Please frequently check the website of CIE for updated information (http://international.swufe.edu.cn)
(5) The content above is subject to final explanation of Southwestern University of Finance and Economics.
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
Address: 55 Guanghuacun Street, Chengdu, P.R. China 610074
Tel: +86 28 8735 5437
Fax: +86 28 8735 5437
Email: [email protected]
For more Information: Visit the website for SWUFE 2020 President Scholarship for International Students