Application Deadline: 14th March 2020
Yiaga Africa 7th Annual Youth Organizing School (YOS) Program 2020 for Nigerian Youth Activist
Yiaga Africa invites young community and youth activists between the ages of 18 – 30 years for its 7th annual Youth Organizing School (YOS) a program under its Community Organizing Institute (COI). The objective of YOS is to empower young people for effective community and political organizing, and policy advocacy for social change.
The Youth Organizing School is supported by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), Washington DC with an aim to strengthen the leadership, technical and institutional capacities of youth activists and youth organizations.
For seven-year, Yiaga Africa through its Youth Organizing School developed special training modules to build a new generation of community organizers across West Africa with the capacity to drive social change and transformation. The school combines the theory and practice of organizing in building the capacity of young activists, youth organizations leaders and young leaders. Every year, the city of Abuja plays host to 35 to 40 entry-level community organizers and young leaders who receive training on direct action organizing, leadership, policy advocacy, non-violent change, storytelling and public narrative, coalition building, community mobilization, and digital organizing. Youth Organizing School is a place to learn how to build strategic capacity by mobilizing people to use their collective power to solve social problems. Over 240 young women and men from six African countries have benefitted from this program.
This year, YOS encourages the participation of youth leaders from political parties and civil society.
Applicants must be
- A community or youth organizer or a registered member of a political party
- 18 – 30 years of age;
- Fluent in English;
- Committed to travelling to attend the Youth Organizing School and attend all five days of YOS.
- Have an Instagram account.
- Applications are open to Nigerian citizens resident in all 36 states of the Federation and the FCT.
- Participation is also open to eligible applicants from West African countries and Cameroon who possess valid travel documents.
- Female applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY FOR YIAGA YOUTH ORGANIZING SCHOOL
- Complete the application form
- Record a 1-minute video with clear sound stating why you should be selected to attend the Youth Organizing School. Upload the video on Instagram and tag @yiaga on Instagram.
The application starts: 29th February 2020
Communication to selected candidates: 23rd March 2020
For more Information: Visit the website for Yiaga Africa 7th Annual Youth Organizing School (YOS) Program 2020