Application Deadline: 9th of May 2020
Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) & YIL Logo Competition 2020 for Young People (€500 Euros in Prize)
YIL and GLF are calling young people to action, to design the new logo for Generation Restoration, a youth-led, youth-centred initiative that will run throughout the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration (2021-2030).
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is a movement that puts communities first in addressing landscape-level issues. With science and traditional knowledge at the core, GLF outreach, events and projects are designed not only to spark dialogue, but also follow-through to impact in addressing some of the most complex and multi-stakeholder problems facing our earth and our communities.
Sustainable landscapes are essential for the future we want: for food, livelihoods, health, renewable materials, energy, biodiversity, business development, trade, climate regulation and water. Recognizing this complexity – the diversity of landscape realities – and the need for holistic approaches, the GLF is founded on four principles, aiming to engage 1 billion people: connecting, sharing, learning and acting.
To enter, you must be under the age of 35 and enrolled in a design program or be familiar with design tools (ie. Adobe Illustrator).
- Your entry must be in .jpeg format
- The logo must use RGB colours
- The image must have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi
- The image must use the color code: #66B65D
The winner will receive 500 euros and the opportunity to showcase their design during the June Global Landscapes Forum Digital Summit, broadcast from Bonn, Germany, as well as the chance to work with the Generation Restoration team in the lead up to the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration.
Guidelines – GLF logo competition
As you develop your logo, please take inspiration from our existing GLF branding.
Here are some examples of different ways that GLF uses its logo:
Selection and winner – GLF logo competition
All entries will be reviewed by a panel including design experts, the YIL Steering Committee and the Managing Director of the Global Landscapes Forum. The panel will make their decision based on the appropriateness, effectiveness and aesthetics of the entries they receive.
The winning design and designer will be announced live during the Youth in Landscapes Climate Forum at the GLF Bonn 2020 Digital Summit. Don’t forget to tune in!
- We acknowledge all submissions but will contact only the selected candidate. The panel’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- YIL and GLF reserve the right not to select a winner, if no entries that they deem suitable are received.
- YIL and GLF reserve the right to use, edit or modify the final version of the winning logo, although the winner will remain the official designer.
- All entries will go through a copyright check to ensure their validity and originality.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) Logo Competition 2020