Government Mentor Program Registration 2020 for India Startups
Telangana State Innovation cell formed under the Department of IT and Innovation policy aims to create an innovation driven economy and foster culture of innovation across the state of Telangana.
The Government Mentor Program is an initiative started by the Telangana State Innovation Cell (TSIC) which aims to bridge the gap between Government and Startups in the State.
The program is to enable startups to build familiarity with the Government by bringing Government officials from relevant departments to mentor startups. We believe that startups work on unique and innovative solutions that have the potential to improve services or processes that Government bodies provide. However, they may not have access to decision-makers within the Government system.
The goal of the Government Mentor Program (GMP) is to assist Entrepreneurs who are planning to have Government as a customer. The program establishes a relationship between the Entrepreneur and the relevant Government Officer.
- Should be incorporated as a private limited company (as defined in the Companies Act, 2013) or registered as a partnership firm (under Section 59 of the Partnership Act, 1932) or as a limited liability partnership (under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008) in India.
- Should have been incorporated/registered within the last seven years (in the case of startups in the biotechnology and/or social sector, the period shall be up to ten years).
- Shouldn’t have exceeded a turnover of Rs. 25 Cr in any of the financial years since its incorporation/registration.
- Furthermore, startups must have a “minimum viable product” and be ready to demonstrate “proof of concept” (Idea-stage ventures shall not be considered at this point).
- The product generated should be shaping to the Government in some shape and form.
Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department is seeking innovative solutions in the below areas:
• Door to door waste collection
• Street and area wise waste collection and ensuring zero delay
• Source segregation and local recycling of waste
• Tracking mechanism to restrict the illegal dumping of waste (C&D and toxic)
• Transfer station improvement and maintenance mechanism
• Eco-friendly alternative to single-use plastic
2. Waste Water
• Treated water -recycling and reuse
• Innovative and scalable treatment methods
• Identifying leakages in underground drains and addressing it
• Cleaning and maintenance
• Water quality improvement
• Restricting untreated waste into the Water Body
3. Town Planning
• Efficient property tax collection system
• A mechanism to identify illegal structures
• Parks development and maintenance
5. Energy Conservation
• Energy consumption reduction for buildings under the Green Building Code
Government Mentor Program Registration
- Fill online registration form and select the respective focus area.
- Shortlisting of startups evaluated by an incubator & the Government official.
- Shortlisted startups will make a pitch to an esteemed panel of the Government officials, Incubators, Experts from industry and academia.
- Finalised candidates will go through the intensive 3 months mentorship program.
For more Information: Visit the website for Government Mentor Program