Kirchner Food Fellowship program 2020 for North America Students
Application are now open for Kirchner Food Fellowship program 2020 for North America Students. The purpose of the Kirchner Food Fellowship program is to foster the development of individuals who have the practical skills and knowledge to make effective investments in emerging agricultural technologies that have the possibility of addressing global food security.
The principal part of the Kirchner Food Fellowship will be undertaken over an academic year but Fellows will be expected to have a continuing commitment and interest in the investment portfolio, to their cohort of Fellows and to subsequent cohorts of Fellows.
Candidates must be enrolled in university in the United States, Canada or Mexico. They must be self-motivated, hard-working and possess a passion for investing in promising early-stage, for-profit, socially-responsible agricultural companies that will ultimately bring closer the day when everyone on the planet has reliable access to healthy food. The fellowship also awards a stipend to each selected fellow.
SELECTION PROCESS – Kirchner Food Fellowship Application
Fellows will be selected using the following process:
- A Fellowship may be held by a current undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled at any university in North America
- Ideal candidates will exhibit personal initiative, integrity, drive, and team-player potential, as well as strong academic credentials and an entrepreneurial spirit. They will be expected to articulate these characteristics in the application process
- The application process will comprise assessment in the following ways
- Completion of an application form
- Submission of university transcripts
- Telephone interviews with members of the Selection Committee
- Qualifications of the candidates for the Fellowship and the strength of the application will be reviewed by a Selection Committee established for the process
- March 1st – April 30th – Application Period Open
- April 30th – May 15th – Internal Review Process
- June – Winners Selected
- August – Program Commences
Thank you for your interest in being a 2020-2021 Kirchner Food Fellow. As you consider applying, we ask you to carefully read and understand a few of the program’s more unique requirements.
Although an ambitious goal, the Kirchner Food Fellowship program is seeking to positively and meaningfully impact global hunger through an experimental and innovative approach to capital allocation. Accordingly, the Fellowship is demanding.
The program’s mandatory elements include: travel to 3-5 (expense paid) events/gatherings, weekly (on either Monday’s or Friday’s) regular virtual meetings with directors, frequent virtual meetings as a team of Fellows and significant self-directed work. One should expect to average 10-20 hours of time dedicated to the program a week. Also, if selected as a Finalist, applicants will be asked to commit in advance to a series of in-person events that may conflict with schoolwork on occasion. If selected, it will be the responsibility of the Fellow to manage their academic calendar around those events.
Given the importance that the Kirchner team places on this initiative, the Fellows are also given access to the Kirchner Group ecosystem and may have access to sensitive information. Accordingly, the Fellowship is very selective; industrial and organizational psychology tests and extensive background checks will be performed on all finalists.
Lastly, given the demands and the unique educational nature of this program, we request Fellows to seek academic credit from their home institution. We provide support materials as needed to the Fellows as they work with their home institutions.
Thank you again for your interest. If you decide to move forward, we look forward to reviewing your application.