Teach for Kenya Fellowship 2020 Application for young Kenya Graduates
WHAT IS THE TEACH FOR KENYA FELLOWSHIP?
The Teach For Kenya Fellowship 2020 program is a 2 year full-time paid commitment in which we place Kenya graduates and young professionals to teach in Kenya’s under-served schools in low- income communities.
The Teach For Kenya Fellowship is a transformational leadership program that equips Fellows with transferable leadership skills to effect change beyond the classrooms in the communities they serve.
BENEFITS TO BEING A TEACH FOR KENYA 2020 FELLOW?
As a Teach For Kenya Fellow, you are a part of a movement of young leaders working to eliminate educational inequity. In addition, these are some benefits of being a Fellow:
- Opportunity to be part of a movement that is changing lives and that will change society
- Extensive leadership development training
- Intensive teacher training.
- Real responsibility from day one.
- Opportunity to be a part of a global network of change agents from across 52 countries.
- Access to a Mentoring Programme, offering a unique opportunity to achieve professional and personal development.
- Access to professional development and network of supporters.
- Ongoing leadership development, coaching, business training and skills workshops.
- Opportunity to design and implement a social change project. modest stipend for two years including during the school holidays.
WILL I BE TRAINED BEFORE I START THE FELLOWSHIP?
Teach For Kenya will work relentlessly to ensure that all Fellows have the knowledge and skills necessary to lead their students towards achievement. The Teach For Kenya Fellowship begins with a six-week residential training program. Here, Fellows are exposed to curriculum, lesson planning, and classroom facilitation and student assessments among other modules, sessions and keys to successful teaching.
INITIAL PARTICIPANT TRAINING
Teach For Kenya develops participants in a 6 weeks Initial Training course to build to equip participants with teaching methodologies and leadership skills.
PARTICIPANTS PLACED AS TEACHERS
Teach For Kenya works with the national Ministry of Education and local governments to place participants as teachers for at least two years in Kenya’s’ under-resourced schools and communities.
Application opens on the 20th of May 2020
For more Information: Visit the webpage for Teach for Kenya Fellowship 2020