Deadline: Rolling Basis
Global Citizen Academy Instructor Recruitment 2020
As an instructor, you will be part of a team that will launch our innovative and exciting new program, Global Citizen Academy. Instructors will teach one of two courses for a diverse group of recent high school graduates.
Instructors will teach the course using Minerva’s Forum learning platform, a web-based platform that supports real-time, synchronous seminars with high levels of student-faculty interaction. We are looking for individuals who have a growth mindset, are comfortable with technology, are passionate about developing young leaders, and have a student-focused approach to their facilitation.
Global Citizen Academy Instructor Responsibilities
- Will average 10-12 hours per week. Times and days of the week vary depending on class schedule and will be discussed during the hiring process.
- There will be three weeks of online training (6-10 hrs per week) focusing on Global Citizen Year, tech platform for the course, and the curriculum.
- Complete all necessary prep work to deliver the Global Citizen Academy curriculum.
- Teach one of the following two courses:
- Systems & Society: Explore the complex relationships between human behavior, group dynamics, and society. (90 min 19 student section, twice per week)
- Leadership As A Practice: Build a foundation of living and leading with purpose. (one 90 min 19 student section and four 60 min 4-5 student sections,once per week)
- Follow up: grading, feedback, and office hours for students.
- Weekly check-ins with fellow instructors and supervisor.
- As the world drastically changes, help young people find their path and learn to lead with conviction, curiosity, and courage.
- Be a part of shaping and molding a pilot program, Global Citizen Academy, and help actualize the program’s potential for young people.
- Compensation: Competitive compensation based on which course and number of sections you teach.
- Location: All classes are taught on a technology platform, you have complete flexibility to teach at Global Citizen Academy via computer from any geographic location where there are good internet connections.
The following skills and experience are preferred:
- Experience with online facilitation
- Experience working with highschool or college students
- International work experience
- Ph.D. or Masters degree
To apply: Please submit the following:
- Resume that outlines your relevant experience.
- A cover letter that includes why you believe you would be a good fit to be an instructor for Global Citizen Academy and your connection to Global Citizen Year’s mission.
- References should include people who can attest to the quality of your teaching, your general quality of mind, and your openness to new pedagogical approaches.
- Indicate how you learned of the opening.
Deadline: We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until all instructor positions are filled.
For more Information: Visit the webpage for Global Citizen Academy Instructor