Deadline: August 15, 2020
AWIEF Green Energy Startup Incubator Application 2020 for African Women Entrepreneurs
The Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) has launched a new initiative “Enterprise Development for Women-Owned Ventures in Green Energy” and is pleased to announce the call for applications for a Startup Incubator in Malawi and Nigeria.
The 12-month program is funded by the African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) and will support 70 women involved in renewable and green energy production in two African countries – Malawi and Nigeria. The program offers two components to be implemented in two phases one after another:
- Startup Incubator: 30 women in each country (60 in total) supported in designing, refining and launching their renewable and green energy business ideas.
- Accelerator: 10 established renewable and green energy women-owned/led ventures (5 from each country) will receive entrepreneurial training and preparation for investment-readiness. The program offers opportunity of accessing venture finance.
The Startup Incubator is for individuals or teams from Malawi and Nigeria who have an idea for renewable and green energy business solutions to one of the key social and environmental challenges. The Startup Incubator programme is aimed at helping women turn their renewable and green energy enterprise idea into a product or service that customers want to buy. The winning individuals or teams will receive training and support on turning their ideas into reality.
Startup Incubator offers the participants:
- Incubator Modules including Pitch Training
- Mentorship support
- Expert Guidance and Tailored Support to make your business idea a reality
- Networking and Peer Learning opportunity with like-minded entrepreneurs
- The best pitches will receive an opportunity to pitch their business idea at the AWIEF Annual Conference (Dec 2-3, 2020; physical + virtual) in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Women over 18 years of age resident in Malawi or Nigeria, and fluent in English
- Business Venture Sector Focus in Renewable & Green Energy Sector including: Solar, wind, water (hydro), biomass, biogas, biofuel, and other green energy solutions including concepts for sustainable energy-technologies for cooking
- Business venture to be incorporated and operated in Malawi or Nigeria
- Program participants committed to working 20+ hours a week on their venture during September and October, 2020
- Applicants can apply as individuals or a team with a maximum of 3 members.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Green Energy Startup Incubator Application 2020