NITDA ICT Training For Persons Living With Disability in Kano State 2020
The National Information Technology Development Agency NITDA is charged with the mandate of the development IT capacity among Nigerian youths, a function which the Agency has been fulfilling over the years. In the same vein, NITDA has also been extending the capacity development programme to Persons Living with Disabilities (PLWD).
This is in order to improve their effective financial independence in pursuing their livelihood. The initiative has trained hundreds of Nigerians living with disability and have provided them with tools to start a small business in ICT.
The objectives of the training and empowerment are:
• To eradicate poverty and hardship on Nigerian youth living with physical challenges;
• To enable participants to become competent in innovatively employing the tools of technology to enhance living and in the discharge of their job requirements;
• To enhance ICT literacy and confidence among the participants;
• To provide an overview and understanding of educational policies explicitly dealing with ICT integration;
• Give insight on a series of ICT tools that implicitly support creative and innovative learning;
• To enhance participants’ information literacy, internet research skills, and presentation skills.
Previous editions have been held at different States of the Federation and this edition would be held and in the city of Kano in Kano State. We therefore urge residents of Kano State that can read and write in English to apply for this program.
For more Information : NITDA ICT Training For Persons Living With Disability in Kano State 2020