Deadline: September 13, 2020
2020 United Nations Youth Volunteers Programme for Young Swiss Graduates
The United Nations (UN) Youth Volunteers Programme 2020 for Young Swiss Graduates is open for applications. The UN Youth Volunteer positions (UNYV) are an attractive opportunity to start a career in international cooperation.
Are you Swiss, under 29 years old and hold a Master’s degree? Would you like to gain valuable field experience with a UN organisation while contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? 20 one-year positions with the United Nations are available!
Each year, the Swiss Government finances up to 30 United Nations Youth Volunteer (UNYV) positions. UNYV assignments, which last one year, are a unique opportunity to learn, discover the multilateral system and kick-start your career in the area of international cooperation. This programme is reserved for Swiss nationals only, therefore the number of applicants is relatively low.
To ensure one can fully immerse in these assignments, all travel, relocation, life and health insurance costs are covered by the programme and a monthly living allowance is paid.
Why Swiss UN Youth Volunteer positions
- To work with UN organisations in developing countries
- To obtain on-the-job training
- To increase knowledge and competencies in your work area of interest, while living in dynamic and multifaceted settings
- To join the work force of young Swiss professionals in the area of international cooperation
Types of Assignment
- Human rights
- Programme analysis and coordination
- Gender equality
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Peacebuilding coordination
Graduates with a background from law to economics, social sciences to international relations are encouraged to apply to the programme.
Benefits – UN Youth Volunteers Programme
- Work with UN organisations in developing countries
- Obtain on-the-job training
- Increase knowledge and competencies in your work area of interest, while living in dynamic and multifaceted settings
- Join the work force of young Swiss professionals in the area of international cooperation
Salary: UN Youth Volunteers Programme
- You will receive a living allowance which enables you to sustain a modest and secure standard of living at the duty station. The allowances are however, in no way to be understood as a compensation, reward or salary in exchange for your work. UN Youth Volunteers are also entitled to reimbursement for travel to assignment as well as to Bonn, Germany for the briefing session.
- Swiss nationality
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Ideally 12 months of relevant professional experience (min. 3 months – max. 24 months)
- Max. 28 years old at the start of the assignment
- Excellent command of English and active knowledge of 2 official Swiss languages
- Demonstrated thematic interest in international cooperation, development, human rights, peace promotion or humanitarian affairs
Applications will be accepted in English only. Read the FAQs before you apply.