Deadline: August 31st 2020
Click-on Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Programme 2020/2021 ( Stipend Available)
The Data Science Fellowship Programme is part of the Kaduna State’s Data Revolution Plan aimed at strengthening the coordination in the collection and use of data for evidence based decision making. The Data Lab Project is jointly implemented by the Kaduna State Government, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Natview Foundation for Technology Innovation.
DURATION AND AIM
It is a 5-year project aimed at supporting the State in implementing the Data Revolution Plan, with a core objective of developing human capital around data science and the use of data for decision making.
The Data Science Fellowship Programme over the period of 5 years, would be building the capacity of 100 youths in a cohort of 25 persons each year on Data Science and the use of modern tools in decision making.
The 6-months programme with a focus on the health sector would have 3-months intensive training in a classroom learning environment and a 3-months paid internship; where participants would have an opportunity to work closely within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab under the Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics.
As part of the State’s commitment to improving the use of evidence for decision making, the State over the period of the 5 years would be employing 25 participants to join the State Civil Service in supporting its vision.
I DONT HAVE A COMPUTER OR INTERNET AT HOME
There will be provision for a limited amount of laptops and computers with access to the internet. However, it is advisable to have your own laptop at all times and it is important to note that internet access is restricted outside of class hours.
Does the program provide any stipend?
- Fellows will have a monthly 6 months Stipends for the duration of the programme which consists of both On-Class and On Field Activity.
- How To Apply – Click-on Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Programme
- Step 1: Fill and Submit the application form
- Step 2: You will receive an email with an activation link
- Step 3: Click the activation link to activate your profile
- Step 4: Create a new password then Login to your profile
- Step 5: Upload a video introducing yourself, stating why you apply, why you should be accepted into the programme and the stream you are applying for.
- Step 6: You will receive an email stating the status of your application
- Step 7: If successful, then proceed to take a Computer Based Test
- Step 8: If successful, then proceed on a One on One Interview with the Selection Panel
- Step 9: Join the Pioneer Cohort for the Fellowship Programme
For more Information: Visit the webpage for Click-On Data Science Fellowship Programme 2020