College application for Academic Year 2021-2022 is now open.
For the Academic Year 2021-2022, the University of Santo Tomas Entrance Test (USTET) will not be administered in consideration of the quarantine restrictions that are currently in effect in the country.
Instead, admission to UST for the AY 2021-2022 shall be through the University of Santo Tomas Admission Rating (USTAR). The USTAR is a score that will be computed from a number of parameters derived largely from the academic performance and record of the applicant.
- Application to the University of Santo Tomas is done online.
- Only College applicants who are currently enrolled in Grade 12 and Senior High School applicants who are currently enrolled in Grade 10 may apply.
- The following applicants may apply provided they first secure a clearance from the UST Office of the Registrar before paying the application fee:
> Out-of-school youth passers of the Philippine Educational Placement Test
and Alternative Learning System Accreditation and Equivalency (PEPT/ALS
A&E certificate is required)
> Applicants who are graduates of previous school years (original Form 138-
Report Card is required)
> Applicants from foreign schools (Form 137-Transcript of Records is
> Foreigners graduating from local schools (passport and ACR I-CARD are
* You may email the documents with your full name and reference number to
[email protected] (Subject: Request for Clearance) for our assistance.
- College applicants are allowed to choose two programs. Senior High School applicants are allowed to select one track/strand.
* Priority Program. This is the program that the applicant prefers to be
admitted to. This is their primary interest in which they intend to further
their knowledge and skills.
* Alternative Program. In case the applicant does not meet the criteria of
his/her priority program, they will be considered in this program subject to
the criteria set by the College. Once an applicant qualifies in their priority
program, the alternative program is no longer processed.
* Track and Strands. These are Senior High School programs that equip for
employment, business, or further education. Select a track/strand that is
aligned to your college plans or career goals.
- Passing the USTAR is not the sole basis for admission to some Colleges. Some Colleges may require additional entry assessment in the form of an interview, talent test (e.g. audition, drawing), or other similar activities.
- Application fees are as follows:
Php 500.00 – Filipinos studying in the Philippines
Php 500.00 – Filipinos studying abroad
Php 1,000.00 – Foreigners studying in the Philippines
Php 3,000.00 – LEAPMed Applicants
USD 30.00 or Php 1,650.00 – Foreigners studying abroad
USD 50.00 or Php 2,750.00 – Through International Credentials
* Application fees of applicants for College or SHS belonging to the TOP 10 of their batch (based on their Grade 11 and Grade 9 academic standing, respectively) may be waived upon submitting a certification from their school principal indicating their academic standing. This applies only to candidates coming from the public schools in the Philippines.
- The following are grounds for disqualification, forfeiture of slot, and/or debarment:
> Misrepresentation of information entered in the application portal
> Violation of the application instructions
> Nonpayment of reservation fee, if qualified
> Non-submission of documents on time to confirm one’s enrollment, if qualified
- Deadline of application is December 18, 2020. An applicant must complete their online application by this date to be considered an official applicant.
- Applicants are advised to visit regularly the Office for Admissions website (https://ofad.ust.edu.ph) for updates and announcements.
- Feel free to email us at [email protected] for any question or clarification.
- Click Register and select the program you are applying for.
> Senior High School – UST Manila
> Senior High School – UST Angelicum College, Quezon City
> Junior High School
- Fill out the Pre-registration form to get your Reference Number, Application and Conforme Form, and Application Payment Slip.
- Log back in to your application portal and encode your application data.
3.1. Complete the Grades Tab
3.2. Complete the Co-curricular and Extracurricular Tab
3.3. Complete the Information Survey Tab
- Prepare the needed documents for uploading:
> Signed Application and Conforme
> PSA/NSO Birth Certificate or Passport
> Certified True Copy of Form 137 or Form 138
> Student Ranking Certification
> Proof of Payment (or certification for Top 10 applicants from public schools)
> Honors Class Certification/s
> Leadership Certification/s
> Awards Certification/s
> International Credential Certification (College applicants only)
> Baptismal Certificate (SHS/JHS applicants only)
- Pay the application fee. Proceed to any Metrobank or Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) branch to pay, over the counter, the non-refundable application fee indicated in the Application Payment Slip.
- Upload your application documents.
- Click the “Complete” button in the Documents Uploading Tab.
- Visit the Activity Log in your USTAR application portal to view the notification after 10 working days from completing your application to download your Application Receipt.
- Download your Application Receipt. Your Applicant Number is found here. You become an official applicant once you have an Application Receipt with an Applicant Number.
- Results shall be announced in 2021. Date to be announced later.
A Filipino or a foreign applicant who graduated or is graduating from a foreign school or from an international school here in the Philippines may apply through the submission of international credentials, provided that the following criteria are satisfied:
For International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma:
- The school that they belong in is not on its first year of administering the IB.
- For graduates, the IB Diploma was awarded within the last two years.
- For applicants still in Grade 12, the IB predictive grade during Grade 11 must be at least 28 points (excluding Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge).
For Cambridge General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level:
- For graduates, the A Level GCE was awarded within the last two years.
- For graduates, a Cambridge AICE Diploma or an A Level GCE with at least 3 A Levels with a minimum grade of C.
- For applicants still in Grade 12 (equivalent to Year 13), GCE with at least 3 AS Levels having a minimum grade of c. (For those who opted not to take the AS level exam, submit predicted A Level grades.)
* GCSE, O Levels, and N Levels holders must have completed their A Levels or
are completing their A Levels to be eligible to apply for the degree programs
offered by the University.
For Advanced Placement (AP) International Diploma:
- The school that they belong in is not on its first year of administering the AP courses.
- For graduates, an AP International Diploma or 3 AP Courses with a minimum grade of 3.
- For applicants still in Grade 12, at least 3 AP Courses having a minimum grade of 3.
For Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), General Achievement Test (GAT), and Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR):
- The school that they belong in is not on its first year of administering the GAT.
- For graduates, the VCE was awarded within the last two years.
- For graduates, an ATAR of at least 70 or VCE with no Study Score lower than 30.
- For applicants still in Grade 12, GAT with no Study Score lower than 30.
For Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT):
- The SAT must have been taken within the last 2 years before application.
- If the SAT is taken more than once, applicant must submit the most recent score.
- The Total Score must be at least 1200, with both Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math Scores not lower than 600.
For American College Test (ACT):
- The ACT must have been taken within the last 2 years before application.
- If the ACT is taken more than once, applicant must submit the most recent score.
- The Composite Score must be at least 27, with no subject score lower than 24.
- These international credentials are only used as an admission requirement. Other entry assessment such as interview, talent examination, and the like may still be required in case the applicant’s credentials are accepted. Also, none of these shall be used as basis for credits in any of the college courses.
- Applicants must submit an authenticated copy of their credentials, either by their school, testing center, or consulate.
- An applicant must have completed 13 years of basic education or are completing their 13th year to be eligible to apply at UST.
- Applicants who do not meet the criteria set above may still apply through the USTAR.
- Applicants who have applied through the USTAR may no longer apply through submission of international credentials. The USTAR will be considered for processing of application.
- LEAPMed applicants are required to apply through the USTAR. Qualification through international credentials shall not apply to LEAPMed applicants.
For more Information: Visit the webpage for University of Santo Tomas Admission 2021-2022