Deadline: 20th September 2020
Digital Skills Accelerator Training 2020 on Android Mobile Applications for East African Youths.
The “Centre of Excellence for ICT in East Africa‘. ([email protected]), a project of the East African Community (EAC) in cooperation with the German Government, invites you to a unique chance of acquiring digital skills and certificates from state of the art eMobilis training curricula in Android Mobile Applications.
[email protected] is a regional innovation hub providing skills for the digital transformation of East Africa. It is implemented by the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) together with an East African-German academic consortium, GIZ and DAAD.
- These trainings are offered free of charge as interactive online trainings for young job seeking aspiring tech enthusiasts in the EAC with prior knowledge in ICT.
- Participants must be unemployed and job seeking university graduates who can use this opportunity to increase their chances of employment.
Criteria for participation:
• Applicants must be recent Bachelor or Master graduates (up to 2 years after
graduation) that are unemployed and seeking a job
• Applicants must have a university degree in an ICT or Computer Science related field
• The applicant should demonstrate experience and proficiency coding in Java
• Prior coding skills in any programming language is an added advantage
• Applicants should have a GitHub Portfolio or Account to show a software project
Digital Skills Accelerator Training 2020 on Android Mobile Applications for East African Youths – Duration
Trainings will be provided for a maximum of 25 participants over 20 days (09:00 —13:00) in each EAC Partner State.
The following institutions have offered to provide their computer facilities for participants:
Bujumbura International University, Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology, Uganda Management Institute, University of Kigali, eMobilis.
Dates of trainings (online or at facility where allowed):
- Burundi: Bujumbura International University, Bujumbura, 12.10.-08.11.2020
- Tanzania: Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology, Arusha, 12.10.-08.11.2020
- Uganda: 09.11.-06.12.2020
- Rwanda: 09.11.-06.12.2020
- South Sudan: 11.01.-07.02.2021
- Kenya: 11.01.-07.02.2021
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out this questionnaire: https://bit.ly/2A82bgH
- Submit the following documents combined in one email to [email protected]:
- Motivation letter (max. 1 ½ pages)
Female applicants are highly encouraged!