FBI Honors Internship Program – Summer 2021 for Qualified U.S Citizens
The FBI Honors Intern Program is a 10-week, paid internship for undergraduate (sophomore, junior or senior) and graduate college students. While exploring the FBI’s exciting career options, students will work side-by-side with FBI employees at an FBI Headquarters location or in one of our 56 field offices located across the country.
This internship offers students an unmatched opportunity to help the FBI achieve its mission to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution. FBI hiring managers seek applicants from a wide range of majors. Selected interns will be placed in assignments based on their location preferences, educational background, skill sets, and unique life experiences.
1. You must attend on a full-time basis an accredited college or university within the United States as an undergraduate (sophomore, junior or senior), graduate, or post-doctoral student. This includes two year technical programs. You are not eligible if you are a freshmen or will graduate before the program start date (June 2021); however, for those graduating before the program starts, an exception will be made if you will continue your education in the semester following your graduation. For example, if you are on track to graduate in June 2021 and will attend graduate school in Fall 2021, you are eligible to apply for this internship.
2. You must have and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA.
3. You must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance and be located in the continental United States, Hawaii or San Juan for the duration of your background investigation.
Along with a completed application, you must submit the following additional documentation: Unofficial Transcript, the Official School Certification Form, and the Program Terms Acknowledgement Form. You must provide all required documents before the application closes on 09/30/2020 at 11:59 PM ET to be considered for the Honors Intern Program. If you are missing any of the required documents, your application will be discontinued.
Click the links below to download the required forms. If your school registrar or dean cannot complete the Official School Certification Form by the close of the application, you may sign the bottom of that document and upload your signed form. However, if you are selected for an interview, the Official School Certification Form completed by the registrar or dean must be uploaded to your FBIJobs.gov account by the time of your interview.
Required documents must be uploaded as .pdf files. Do not submit any of these file types: HTML, TIF, JPEG, DOC, DOCX, Password Protected, or Web Link.
• School Certification Form*
• Program Terms Acknowledgement Form
*Some schools have their own certification form, which is acceptable if it includes all of the information requested in the FBI Official School Certification Form.
In some circumstances, you may be required to submit additional documents. If any of the following situations apply to you, submit the documents noted below:
- 1st Semester Undergraduate Transfer/Graduate Students: Unofficial Transcripts from previous school, Unofficial Transcripts from current school, Official School Certification Form, and Program Terms Acknowledgement Form.
- If you are graduating before the program starts, you must provide proof of continuing your education to be eligible for the Honors Internship Program. You must submit these forms at the time of application: Unofficial Transcripts, Official School Certification Form, and Program Terms Acknowledgement Form. Participation in the Honors Internship Program will be contingent on receipt of the Acceptance Letter.
- Veterans: Unofficial Transcripts, Official School Certification Form, Program Terms Acknowledgement Form, and DD-214
- Disabled Veterans: Unofficial Transcripts, Official School Certification Form, Program Terms Acknowledgement Form, DD-214, SF-15, and VA letter dated 1991 or later.