Deadline: October 12th 2020
HEC Pakistan PhD in Selected Fields & MS/M.Phil in Engineering Technology Overseas Scholarships 2021 for Pakistan/AJK Nationals (Phase-III, Batch-2)
Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani/AJK nationals for the award of PhD and MS/M. Phil scholarships. Ph.D. scholarships are offered in selected fields whereas MS/M. Phil scholarships are offered in Engineering Technology. Scholarships will be awarded for Spring-2021/Fall-2021 session in HEC-identified top-ranked foreign universities of advanced countries.
- Be a Pakistani/AJK national
- For PhD scholarships, candidates must have a minimum qualification of MS/MPhil/ME or equivalent (18 years) before the closing date.
- For MS/M. Phil scholarships in Engineering Technology, Candidates must have a minimum of sixteen years of education and should be registered with National Technology Council (NTC), Pakistan.
- Maximum one-second division throughout the academic career prior to the final degree.
- Candidates must have a minimum CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 in semester system or first division (in the annual system) in MS/MPhil/ME/Equivalent degree.
- Maximum age on the closing date:
- 40 years for full-time regular Faculty Members of Public Sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the Public Sector R & D organizations registered with Pakistan Council for Science & Technology (PCST)
- 35 years for all others
- Must have minimum 70% marks in a valid HEC Aptitude Test (HAT). HEC will consider best HAT score of the last two years for short-listing purpose.
Must not be availing any other scholarship
HEC OVERSEAS PHD SCHOLARSHIP 2020 -Application Procedure:
- Applicants are required to submit an online application via HEC e-portal (eportal.hec.gov.pk).
- Original online deposit slip OR ATM transfer slip of Rs 500/- (non–refundable) as application processing fee in favour of DG Finance, HEC must be uploaded on HEC e-portal. Fee can be deposited in Account Number 1742-79001334-01, Habib Bank Limited, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, Islamabad Pakistan through any bank.
Scholarships will be awarded under the following two categories:
Category-1: (Attached/Faculty Development): Around 2/3 scholarships will be awarded under this category for the development of future faculty of Pakistani University. Candidates interested under this category are required to opt identified Pakistani universities of their choice for job interview/placement in the online application form. Shortlisted candidates will have to pass the employment selection process of Pakistani Universities of their choice for further process toward the award of scholarship. On return after successful completion of Ph.D. applicant has to serve in the same University for a period of 5(five) consecutive years.
Category-2: (Unattached/Open Merit): Around 1/3 scholarships will be awarded under this category for the development of human resources in the national priority areas. These applicants will have to serve either in parent organization or other organization preferably in any University/R&D organization of Pakistan, for a period of 5(five) consecutive years.
HEC OVERSEAS PHD SCHOLARSHIP 2020 -Important Note:
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of Government Approved provincial quota.
- Merit will be drawn on the basis of valid HEC Aptitude test scores separately for both categories.
- Candidates are required to opt foreign countries/universities of their choice in the online application form. HEC reserves the right to re-allocate any Country/University to the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews and admission process.
- Candidates are required to make sure that their field of the subject is being offered in their choice of Country/University, otherwise, candidate will not be considered for interview/scholarship.
- Candidates are required to fulfill the requirement of Host University to secure the admission which may include International GRE, TOFEL, etc. Candidates are advised to appear in these tests before the interview/admission.
- Applicants are required to fill the information through an online application process. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of online data/information provided by the applicant. In case any information is found to be misrepresented at any stage; the application process will be terminated.
Awardees will have to execute a bond with HEC/Respective Pakistani University to serve for a period of five years immediately after completion PhD study. Request for change of University for the purpose of service bond will not be entertained at any stage.
Applicants are advised to check all details of this scholarship scheme before filing/submitting online application form. Requests for amendment will not be entertained after submission of online application.
Education Testing Council (ETC) Pakistan will conduct HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) on 18 October 2020 (tentatively). For more information, visit official website of ETC https://etc.hec.gov.pk
Last Date of Receipt of Applications:
Applicants must be submitted online via HEC e-portal (eportal.hec.gov.pk)
by Monday, October 12, 2020.
Bank Deposit Slip: Original online deposit slip OR ATM transfer slip of Rs 500/-
(non–refundable) as application processing fee in favour of DG Finance, Fee can be deposited in Account Number 1742-79001334-01, Habib Bank Limited, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, Islamabad Pakistan through any bank.
HEC must be uploaded on HEC e-portal (Online Application Form for Overseas Scholarships Program).