NBSSI Apprenticeship To Entrepreneurship (A2E) Program 2020 for Young Ghanaians
Applications are now open – NBSSI Apprenticeship To Entrepreneurship (A2E) Program for Young Ghanaians. NBSSI is an agency under MoTI responsible for the promotion and development of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) sector in Ghana.
A2E – APPRENTICESHIP TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP seeks to provide unemployed young women and men, with a direct pathway to income generation opportunities through vocational/technical skills training alongside entrepreneurship development. The focus is to provide apprenticeship and practical attachment (on the job) training through NBSSI Approved Skilled Craftsmen and women.
NBSSI Apprenticeship To Entrepreneurship (A2E) Program Eligibility
- Unskilled young women and men between ages 16 – 35 years
- Must be resident in Ghana
- Must have an interest in acquiring a specific vocational or technical skill
- Must provide a referee
- Completed application form
- ID Card
- Passport Picture
- A2E focuses on vocational and technical skills training for unemployed young) women and men.
- The aim is to provide apprenticeship and practical attachment (on the job) training through NBSSI Approved Skilled Craftsmen and Artisans (who are themselves entrepreneurs/MSMEs).
- In addition to the skills training, beneficiaries will receive entrepreneurial and financial literacy training to prepare them for either gainful self-employment or salaried employment.
- After successfully completing their training and apprenticeship/practical attachment, participants will be supported to write the NVTI examination, supported with start-up kits, and also receive mentoring for a year.
- A2E will also strengthen Skilled Craft people and artisans through business acceleration programs (mentoring, coaching, counseling).
Target participants for A2E are unskilled young women and men who may have dropped out of school as well as those that have completed vocational/technical training schools but still unemployed and require practical or on the job training to prepare them more effectively for employment.