Deadline: 2 November 2020
Swansea University Postgraduate M2A MSC Research Scholarship 2021 for UK Residents (Fully funded)
Manufacturing facilities are one among the largest consumers of energy. Efforts to improve energy efficiency are an increasing concern for many manufacturing facility engineering managers. This can be achieved by evaluating energy end uses (e.g., lighting, processing equipment, and heating, air conditioning, and ventilation (HVAC) systems), and by implementing measures to reduce the total amount of energy consumed for one or more of the end uses.
The sponsoring company have been a significant supplier into the petrochemical industry of over 40 years. They are currently seeking to streamline their manufacturing processes by fundamental data analysis of their systems and, their energy consumption. The aims of this project are to mine into the companies past utilisation of energy resources to establish efficiency performance. From there, recommendations can be considered to optimise the efficiency of the company’s current performance with a view to maximising resource potential for lower environmental impact and the implementation of ‘Circular Economy’ practices.
Before submitting an application for the project, please see our Hints & Tips document which can be found here.
To be eligible for funding candidates must meet the criteria set by our funders; namely the European Social Fund (ESF) via the Welsh European Funding Office (WEFO) and if applying for an Engineering Doctorate, the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.
All candidates must:
- · Have an Engineering or Physical Sciences degree (minimum level 2:1), or a combination of degree and equivalent experience to the same level;
- · Be eligible for Home/EU tuition fees. Refer to the UK Council for International Student Affairs Wales Fee Status Information for more information;
- · Have the legal right to work in the UK at the end of their studies;
- · Be resident in West Wales and the Valleys (area highlighted in dark pink on the map opposite) upon enrolment; and
- · Not be financially able to participate without the award of grant funding (i.e. do not have funds in excess of £71,000).
Engineering Doctorate candidates must also have:
- · ‘Settled’ status in the UK, meaning there are no restrictions on how long they can stay in the UK;
- · Been ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK for at least 3 years prior to the start of the studentship grant. This means they have been normally residing in the UK (apart from temporary or occasional absences); and
- · Not been residing in the UK wholly or mainly for the purpose of full-time education. (This does not apply to UK Nationals and EU Nationals who were ordinarily resident in the EU immediately before the period of full-time education).
For full EPSRC student eligibility criteria, including information, for example about refugees, migrant workers, residence for education and EEA nationals please refer here.
Normally, we would expect candidates to have met the University’s English Language requirements (e.g. IELTS 6.5 overall with 5.5+ in each component) by point of application. For details on the University’s English Language entry requirements, please visit – http://www.swansea.ac.uk/admissions/englishlanguagerequirements/
Due to funding restrictions, this scholarship is open to UK/EU candidates only.
Full eligibility criteria can be found at: https://www.materials-academy.co.uk/eligibility
The scholarship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees, plus a stipend of £14,500 p.a. for a year.
How to Apply for Swansea University Postgraduate M2A MSC Research Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, please complete the online application form.
Informal enquiries about this scholarship are welcome and may be directed by email to: [email protected].