Dangote Foundation 2020 Vocational Skills Training Programme for Nigerian Youths
Suitable qualified applicants are invited for the Dangote Foundation 2020 Vocational Skills Training Programme for Nigerian Youths. This Program is a collaboration between the Aliko Dangote Foundation, the VDMA (Mechanical Engineering Industry Association) and its Foundation for Young Talent in Mechanical Engineering.
The initiatives offers high-quality education and training to young Nigerians who seek to acquire skills in mechanical and electrical technology. The training programme is based on the German model of track vocational training.
The idea of establishing a shared Vocational Skills Training Programme arose from a shared vision about addressing the serious deficit in vocational skills required in the manufacturing sector in Nigeria.
Dangote Foundation Training Programme
- Duration will be minimum of 18 months
- Comprises various theoretical and practical training as well as exposure to industrial work experience in various plants of the Dangote Group
- Includes continues assessment processes and appraisals
- Focuses on two core disciplines:
- Mechanical programme
- Electrical programme
- Combines Nigerian requirements with German expertise and technology know-how
- Includes theoretical and in-plant practical engagement
- High-standard facilities with modern equipment, learning tools and appropriate accommodation for the trainees
- Benefit from NWS’ long-standing experiences in industry-ready vocational training
- Access to a lively network of Nigerian and German companies
The training takes place at Dangote Academy, the Dangote Training Centre in Obajana where the partners have built up additional training facilities for the Nigerian-German training project. This state of the art centre is equipped with modern classrooms, computer and technical drawing rooms, library as well as with electrical, automation, instrumentation and mechanical workshops. There are also accommodations for the students, a cafeteria and an administrative wing. Modern leisure facilities are in planning and will round off a pleasant stay on the Dangote Academy Campus.
Dangote Foundation Training Programme Eligibility Criteria
- Admission age bracket: 16–24 years
- Educational background: 5 credits in O’ Level Sciences
- Possession of one of the following certificates: WAEC (SSCE), NABTEB (NTC), NECO (SSCE)
- School Testimonials
- Click here for Application form
- Candidates can only submit a single application
- Only online application will be considered
- Short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Application closes four weeks from this publication
- Kindly ensure that email addresses and phone numbers are active and valid.
- Admission is subject to passing an aptitude test and oral interview.
- Trainee are not Dangote employees and the training is not a pre employment programme
All enquiries related to this Technical Training Scheme course should be sent to: [email protected]