FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARD 2021/2022 FOR NIGERIANS (FULLY FUNDED ABROAD)
The Honorable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2021/2022 Federal Government Scholarship Awards for:
BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA)
i) Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Romania;
ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Mexico.
All qualified candidates are advised to: a. Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page: b. Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online c. Print the completed Application Form
FIELDS OF STUDY
a. Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), Pilot Engineering, Neurologis and
b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARD 2021/2022 CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
A. UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS:
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2019 & 2020) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2020) only.
- Age limit is from 17 to 20 years.
B. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS:
- All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. i)
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and ii) Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
GENERAL NOTE FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
i) Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; ii) The required certificate for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE/WAEC, and no other certificate is accepted; iii) All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference, and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhunqaricum.hu which will hopefully be opened between October and November 2020, • Complete the application form online, vi) All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia; v) All Applicants to upload the following certificates online;
a. UNDERGRADUATE (UG): WAEC/WASSCE, Birth Certificate, Indigene letter.
b. POSTGRADUATE (PG): 1st Degree Certificate, Birth Certificate, WAEC/WASSCE Indigine letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
i) Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
ii) Data page of the current International passport;
iii) Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
iv) National Identification Number (NIN)
v) Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS/E-MAIL: i) 08077884417 ii) [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE, THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS