Al Jazeera Visiting Journalist Fellowship Program 2021
The Visiting Journalist Fellowship is designed to give self-funded journalists an opportunity to join AJMN for one month to gain practical experience and contribute in a meaningful way to the department the fellow joins. Successful applicants will be able to:
- Join a team within AJMN and experience the working environment first-hand.
- Meet with editors, journalists and other staff, relevant to their research proposal.
- Be part of a diverse workplace, where people from different backgrounds and nationalities converge and create.
Full-time journalists and researchers with a background in media or social sciences relevant to media and journalistic fields.
The AJMI offers Visiting Journalist fellowship positions to those who have the means of subsistence for coming and spending one month in Doha. Applicants who meet all requirements are welcome to apply.
How to join the Visiting Journalist Fellowship Program
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
Al Jazeera Visiting Journalist Fellowship Program 2021 vEligibility criteria
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Full-time journalist or researcher (freelancer or employed).
- At least 2 years of professional experience in journalism or media.
- Good writing skills.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
In addition to completing the online application form, applicants are required to submit the following documents in PDF format, with the exception of video, images or other graphic materials provided as work samples. Please note that if any of the following is missing, the application will not be considered.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Signed letter of commitment.
- Signed letter of financial sufficiency.
- At least 2 samples of the applicant’s work in English.
- One letter of recommendation.
- Develop and submit an article of up to 1,000 words, as per the AJMI guidelines (these will be provided to successful applicants).
- Fellow must be accountable at all times. Monthly reports on work status/progress and completion must be submitted.
- Be an active and engaged member of the Al Jazeera community.
Visiting Journalist Fellowship
A committee from the AJMI will review applications and select the most competent candidates, based on fulfilment of eligibility criteria and background.
For more Information: Visit the webpage for Al Jazeera Visiting Journalist Fellowship Program 2021