Deadline: December 1st 2020
East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship 2021/2022 for study at the University of Hawai‘i (UH)
East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowships support graduate study at the University of Hawai‘i (UH) in fields relevant to the goals and objectives of the East-West Center (EWC).
Individuals who are citizens or permanent residents of the countries listed below may apply for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship:
- United States
- Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands
- Southeast Asia: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Russia, Taiwan
HOW TO APPLY
Because degree fellows are involved in programs at the EWC, as well as in advanced degree work at UH, they have obligations to both institutions. This relationship between the EWC and UH is unique, and clarification is needed regarding the EWC application process.
Fellowships are awarded annually in an international competition. To apply for study beginning in the 2021-2022 academic year, the deadline to apply online is December 1, 2020.
If you are not already enrolled as a classified graduate student at UH Mānoa, you must apply to the university for the following fall semester by December 1. The University of Hawai‘i launches their online application system (https://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/) on August 1 each year for admissions the following year. To ensure timely processing of your EWC application, supporting documents for both your UH admissions office and department applications must be completed by January 10, regardless of whether the UH departmental deadline falls after that date.
APPLICATION FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS
To access the application documents, click below:
- Application Handbook (interactive website)
- Application Checklist (pdf)
- Diagram of the Application Process for EWC and UH (jpg)
- Academic Letter of Reference Form & Instructions (form-fillable Word doc)
- Civic Engagement Letter of Reference Form & Instructions (form-fillable Word doc)
- Cost Sharing Form (form-fillable Word doc)
To apply visit > www.eastwestcenter.org/applyGDF