Deadline: December 8, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Tunis time
Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program Application 2021/2022 for Young Tunisians to study in USA (Fully Funded)
The Thomas Jefferson Program provides opportunities for full-time undergraduate university/institute students from Tunisia to spend one academic year of nondegree study at a U.S. university or college. The program will provide students a deeper understanding of the United States, as well as new skills, knowledge, and leadership development to help them contribute to Tunisia’s economic development.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or another other protected characteristic as established by U.S. law.
Competition for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a Tunisian citizen;
- Currently resides in Tunisia;
- Is enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing at the time of application at a registered university or academic institution in Tunisia;
- Is NOT in the final year of their undergraduate program at the time of application
- Architecture students are eligible in their first, second, third, or fourth year of study. Engineering students are eligible in their first or second year (preparatory classes), and third and fourth year of undergraduate study
- Is able to receive a U.S. J-1 visa;
- Is at least 18 years old by July 1, 2021;
- Is committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program;
- Is able to achieve a TOEFL score of at least 500, either at the time of application or after short-term pre-academic English language study in the United States; and
- Completes the academic year prior to study in the United States in good standing with a passing average (aka moyenne générale)
Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program Application 2021/2022 Benefits
- This is a fully funded scholarship. The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program is made possible by the
generous support of the American people through the United States Department of State and implemented by
IREX. Participants are selected through an open, merit-based competition.
Application and Instructions
The application must be completed online. Applicants must fill out all required sections of the application and provide contact information for two references. Reference 1 and Reference 2 must be completed by two different individuals who can speak to your suitability as a potential scholarship recipient.
Complete copies of all application materials must be received together in one package as per the application instructions by Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Tunis time. Only complete applications, which include a complete application form with two reference forms, will be forwarded to the selection committee.
Go to a complete list of application instructions.