Applications are invited for admission of foreigners and dual nationality holders of Pakistan in the disciplines of MBBS & BDS. The last date for online submissions of applications is January 18, 2021.
The Self-Finance Scheme aims to assist foreign students and dual-nationality holders with educational aspirations in Pakistan. Originally a project of the Economic Affairs Division, the Scheme was transferred to the Higher Education Commission in 2006, and assures a limited number of seats in the disciplines of medicine (MBBS), dentistry (BDS), pharmacy (Pharm-D) and undergraduate engineering (B.Sc Engineering). This program is open to Dual National Pakistanis and Foreign citizens with an HSSC or equivalent degree
- To encourage expatriate Pakistanis to stay connected with their mother country, and foreign nationals to learn about Pakistani culture and society
- To encourage knowledge-sharing with friendly, fellow developing countries
- To improve relationships with the international community
Note: The applicant must hold a foreign nationality at the time of application submission and admission
ADMISSION OF FOREIGN & DUAL NATIONALITY HOLDER PAKISTANI STUDENTS UNDER SELF-FINANCE SCHEME 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
- MBBS & BDS:
- Students must have physically studied and passed F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) / HSSC / A-Level/ 12th Grade examination or equivalent outside Pakistan.
- Must have secured 65% marks or more in F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) / HSSC/ A Level / 12th Grade examination or equivalent as per equivalence certificate issued by Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) and must have passed at least three (03) compulsory subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry and Physics OR Mathematics.
- Must have passed MDCAT with at least 60 % marks or alternatively acquired 60% or more marks in each of the three SAT-II subject i.e. Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics
- In order to qualify for admission for the 2021 Session ONLY, SAT II results can be used instead of the MDCAT by students who have completed their HSSC programs from outside Pakistan, and where weightage of different subjects results in SAT II would be taken into consideration as follows:
- Biology: 40%
- Chemistry: 35%
- Physics/Maths: 25%
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, SAT I has not been conducted universally in 2020. Therefore, English shall be an exempted subject to those students who have completed their HSSC/High School program from an institution/country where the medium of teaching is English.
- Minimum 60% marks in HSSC or its equivalent qualification (in the form of equivalence certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) in at least three compulsory subjects of Biology, Chemistry and Physics / Mathematics.
- Minimum 60% marks in HSSC or its equivalent qualification (in the form of equivalence certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) in at least three compulsory subjects of English, Chemistry and Physics / Mathematics.
The applicant must have a valid TOEFL score of 500 or IELTS score of 5.5. However, language proficiency test results need not be submitted for students whose medium of instruction at the higher secondary level was English.
Important Note to Students:
Please note that Pakistani dual nationals with a domicile of Punjab are not eligible for MBBS / BDS under this scheme. They may instead apply for the open-merit seats designated to dual national Pakistanis and Overseas Pakistanis with a registered domicile of Punjab. However for Engineering and Pharm-D admissions there is no restriction of domicile.
ADMISSION OF FOREIGN & DUAL NATIONALITY HOLDER PAKISTANI STUDENTS UNDER SELF-FINANCE SCHEME- HOW TO APPLY
Applications are invited for admission of foreigners and dual nationality holders of Pakistan in the disciplines of MBBS, BDS, BSc (Engineering) and Pharm-D at the following link:
Procedure for online application:
- Create your profile online by visiting the above link and upload all the scanned copies of original documents
- After creating your online profile, go to Academics link in the LEFT Pane
- After clicking Academics, click on Admission of Foreign students under Self Finance Scheme and continue at the right side of pane and then click on application form
- Fill all the fields coming on the right pane
- When the student is confirmed that he / she has filled all the fields he would click of the submit button at the bottom right pane.
- After clicking the submit button, the application status would show “Submitted” in the DASHBOARD.
Only “Online Submitted” application forms will be processed by the system for merit list generation. “Saved” applications will not be considered at any stage of the admission process.
Applications, once submitted, cannot be changed by the applicants. Candidates are therefore advised to be careful while filling the application form.