Deadline: 11th January 2021
REPUBLIC OF BOTSWANA DEPARTMENT OF DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT
COMMISSIONER RECRUITMENT OF THE 2021 PILOT POPULATION AND HOUSING CENSUS ENUMERATORS ( Download Annexure 2 application details form)
The main objective of the Population and Housing Census is to count the population of all persons in Botswana regardless of citizenship status, and provide accurate population figures as information that is essential for evidence based development planning, making administrative and policy decisions, and research.
The Government of Botswana is seeking to recruit highly motivated, energetic and innovative, persons to fill the following position;
REF: G7 III (153) – CENSUS ENUMERATORS (12) POSITIONS
Botswana 2021 Pilot Population and housing census enumerators Recruitment (Download Annexure 2 application details form) – MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• Timely collection (enumeration) of data from all the dwellings/households in the assigned EA within the census period as well as adhere to quality standards as prescribed for statistical operation procedures and processes.
• Ability to walk reasonable distances (between dwellings and localities) during the process of enumeration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure that you have all the necessary ICT gadgets and accessories, and equipment and materials to be used for enumeration.
• Identify assigned Enumeration Area (EA), locate all dwelling units and visit every household in the area assigned;
• Administer all questions and record information of all persons who usually live with the household, (present or absent) and those visiting, who spent the night with the household. Also, make every effort to obtain complete and accurate answers and record them correctly and accordingly;
• Synchronize or share (Bluetooth) your daily completed household interviews, with your supervisor.
• To call back (revisit) on households or respondents that could not be interviewed during earlier visits;
• Prepare brief notes for the supervisor on any problems/noteworthy issues encountered and report them daily.
• Return to the supervisor all census (citli materials at the end of enumeration.
• BGCSE or equivalent qualification recognised by the Government of Botswana.
• A Diploma in Statistics, Economics, Population Studies, Demography, Mathematics and Information Technology will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of field methods and techniques
• Ability to understand information being recorded
• Basic Computer Skills
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Service oriented and client focused
Botswana 2021 Pilot Population and housing census enumerators Recruitment (Download Annexure 2 application details form) REMUNERATION
• Successful applicants will be paid an honorarium as set for the exercise.
• Applicants must be citizens of Botswana.
• Applicants must indicate the place where they wish to be posted, as shown in the list attached.
• Applicants should be living and staying within the locality/area, or having a home where they can stay during the period of assignment, as there will be no accommodation or camping facilities provided.
• There will be screening by shortlisting and only those shortlisted will be responded to.
• Successful applicants will undergo training that will be a further screening process to select those who will be appointed as Enumerators.
• Upon successful completion of training, successful candidates will be appointed assigned an Enumeration Area within the place residence or nearest, as shall be indicated in the application. Thus, an enumerator will be staying at their usual residence.
• Successful candidates shall be physically fit and able to walk reasonably long distances while conducting interviews.
• Enumeration processes and travel start at 06:00 hours and end at 22:00 hours per day, with starting a new interview stopping by 20:00 hours.
• All applicants to fill in a separate sheet with their details as provided in Annexure 2 and submit with the application.
Prospective candidates meeting the above requirements should quote the reference number of the position and submit applications together with Certified copies of Certificates, ID and names and addresses of two referees to the following addresses;
Postal Address; District Commissioner
P 0 Box 10003
Or hand deliver to; Office of the District Commissioner, Office Number 6 (Registry) Plot 1740 Street name: Moselebe Road Village
LOCALITIES/PLACES OF ASSIGNMENT
1. Gaborone West Phase
2 Extension 11 2. Kgale View
3. Gaborone West Phase
4 Extension 20 4. Block 6(Extension 39)
5. Bontleng (Extension 8)
6. Extension 5 Botswelelo 7. Broadhurst (Extension 26)
8. Extension 10(Boitshoko)