Submit a Programme for a UPICTV Original
Do you have an idea that you think could be the first Botswana action movie, docuseries or a show stopping reality? Do you possess a storyline that is engaging and exciting to our target audience, leaving them wanting for more.
COMMISSIONING PROCESS: UNSOLICITED PROPOSALS
- The commissioning process will vary depending on whether your proposal is solicited or unsolicited.
- You may submit an unsolicited proposal online at the UPICtv submissions portal in accordance with the Protocol and related information made available by us from time to time.
- Unsolicited proposals must be submitted online by filling in these forms.
Process for submission and handling of unsolicited programme proposals.
- All unsolicited proposals must be uploaded via the submissions portal as set out above.
- Our initial response will acknowledge receipt of the unsolicited proposal.
- Thereafter the submission will be assessed by members of the relevant platform’s content team.
- If we are interested in the proposal, we will invite you to a pitch session, at a mutually convenient date and time, at which you will have the opportunity to pitch the proposal to our representatives.
If you’re still really keen to tell us your idea, here’s how:
- View our Terms and Conditions and fill in these forms.
- A registered Botswana production company
- Independent Botswana producer
- Content distributor based in Botswana
We will accept submissions ONLY if there is audio-visual material which suggests significant development of concept. Please note this must be filmed content. We do not accept video pitches as filmed content.
While we can accept a range of submission proposals, the following materials provide our assessment team with the greatest understanding of your project and where it may fit on our development slate. Please include the following information in your attached proposal:
- Program / series title and duration/s
- Year of production
- Brief synopsis / links to trailer or any further useful information online
- Contact details of producer / distribution company
- A short bio on the producer / writer / director
- Details of any existing channels it has been aired on or film festivals it has been shown at
- Pitch document
- Series outline
- Sample script
Audio visual material must be submitted via non-expiring video links (YouTube, Vimeo etc) and include at least ONE or more of the following:
- Proof of concept video
- Pilot episode
- Sample scenes
Please note that we don’t consider video pitches.
Assessing projects properly and carefully is a priority. On receipt of a submission that meets our guidelines we will formally acknowledge receipt of the proposal via email, review it in full and make every effort to respond in a timely way. Please be aware that we receive many submissions throughout the year. An applicant can generally expect to receive a response to their proposal within 8 weeks of acknowledgement of receipt.
Programs are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Approved Content Strategy;
- Platform requirements (note that good programs can be rejected if there is no current audience need for them);
- Quality of production;
- Relevance to Botswana viewers;
- Appeal to a particular demographic;
- Innovation in style or content;
- Budget available.