2021 Africa Resilience Network Program for Journalists in Kenya and Nigeria
Deadline: January 22, 2021
The Institute for War & Peace Reporting (IWPR), in collaboration with the Centre for Information Resilience, the International Centre for Investigative Reporting, and Africa Uncensored, is pleased to launch the 2021 Africa Resilience Network Program.
The Africa Resilience Network Program is building a network of journalists, activists and analysts to identify and expose COVID-19 related disinformation in Kenya and Nigeria. They are currently seeking passionate people committed to fighting the COVID-19 infodemic to join the program’s second cohort of participants.
2021 Africa Resilience Network Program for Journalists in Kenya and Nigeria Benefits
Successful applicants will receive:
- Support to develop, publish and promote research and reporting exposing Covid-19 disinformation;
- Expert training in the latest tools and techniques to identify and expose disinformation, focusing on open-source intelligence and network analysis;
- Access to expert mentors who will provide personal and professional support to support the counter-disinformation mission;
- Training and support on managing data protection and information security risks;
- Opportunities to attend networking events and collaborate with other activists, journalists, media professionals, academic experts, editors, researchers and publishers;
- Access to legal and health resources to help inform their work and reporting.
- Open to all journalists and social media content producers residing in Kenya and Nigeria, including those who primarily publish in languages other than English.
- Applications from individuals who publish content in Hausa and Swahili are particularly encouraged.
All expressions of interest for the training program must be submitted by midnight CET Friday 22nd January in order to be eligible for consideration.
Successful applicants will be informed of next steps in early February 2021. Should you have any questions or wish to follow up on an application, please contact [email protected]
For more information, visit 2021 Africa Resilience Network