Deadline: March 1st, 2021 11:59pm PST
6th Annual Native American TV Writers’ Lab Application 2021
The 6th Annual NATIVE AMERICAN TV WRITERS LAB call for applications is now open. The lab is sponsored by A+E Networks, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Kung Fu Monkey Productions.
The NATIVE AMERICAN TV WRITERS LAB is a five week intensive scriptwriters program that prepares Native Americans for writing careers at major television networks. The lab takes place mid – April through late May of 2021 and offers 7 Native American writers an opportunity to participate. Each participant will complete an original pilot during the five week program and receive feedback from peers and an experienced writing instructor.
6th Annual Native American TV Writers’ Lab Application 2021 Process
How it Works:
If accepted into the program you must be willing to make a commitment to meeting evenings on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and in the day on Saturdays and Sundays. This program does not provide travel or housing.
Who Should Apply:
The NATIVE AMERICAN TV WRITERS LAB is for seasoned writers who are capable of writing at least a one half-hour comedy or a one-hour dramatic television script in English within a five-week period of time. Each selected participant is expected to complete at least one script by the end of the five-week session.
When to Apply:
The submission period for the 6th Annual NATIVE AMERICAN TV WRITERS LAB is open now.
How to Apply:
Email a completed application, a completed release form, submit one writing sample of any type to include feature film, play, television pilot or television spec in PDF format to [email protected] Television scripts are preferred. Please note that writing teams are ineligible. You must be 18 or over to apply. All submitted material must be original and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer.
1) 2021 Completed Application Form (found below).
2) One Writing sample in .pdf format (Only one will be accepted)
3) Resume or Bio in .pdf or .doc format
4) Statement of interest: Why do you want to write for television? in .pdf or .doc format (500 words max.)
5) Signed release forms in .pdf or .doc format. (Download Release Form pdf or Release Form doc.)
6) 2 Professional references with contact information
7) Submission Fee (Early Deadline 2/1 $45, Regular Deadline 2/15 $55, Final Deadline 3/1 $65). Credit Card Payment form available following submission of your application or mail check to the following:
Attn: 6th Annual Native American TV Writers Lab
1801 N. Kingsley Dr #102 / Los Angeles, CA 90027
For more Information: Visit the webpage for the 6th Annual Native American TV Writers’ Lab