Applications are currently being received for the Global Nova SBE School of Business and Economics Program 2021. In 2015, 193 world leaders agreed to 17 ambitious goals to end poverty, fight inequality, and stop climate change by 2030. The Global Goals are within our reach, but we must remain committed embracing what works and address what doesn’t. Success in achieving the goals of the 2030 Agenda requires all of us to deepen our commitment and engagement to work together in creative new ways. We are all in agreement on where the world needs to go. The remaining question is: how?.
To identify solutions to the worlds’ most pressing challenges, Nova School of Business and Economics launched its brand new summer program ProAction which in 2021 will focus on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 13: Climate Action. Multinational companies will bring real challenges they are confronted with in the area of blue economy, green economy and smart cities to tackle the climate crisis.
- Safeguarding our Oceans Challenge: The ocean drives global systems that make the Earth habitable for humankind. Careful management of this essential global resource is a key feature of a sustainable future. How can we protect our Oceans?
- Advancing Green Growth Challenge: How can we ensure economic growth and development, while ensuring that natural assets continue to provide the resources and environmental services on which our well-being relies?
- Transforming Cities Challenge: Cities and metropolitan areas powerhouses of economic growth – contributing about 60 % of global GDP. However, they also account for about 70 % of global carbon emissions and over 60 % of resource use. How can we make cities more sustainable?
- Host Institutions: Nova School of Business and Economics (Nova SBE) in Portugal.
- Area: Sustainable Development Goals, impact program, entrepreneurship.
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Duration: 12 days.
- Eligible countries: Open to all countries. To support visa applications, an admission letter will be provided for admitted candidates.
Global Nova School of Business and Economics Benefits
As a participant of the ProAction Summer School you have the following benefits:
- A Summer School organized by Portugal’s leading and top-ranked business school Nova SBE: Experience first-class teaching by our faculty, staff, experts from across Europe and meet sustainable business solutions powered by Nova SBE Alumni.
- Work with top leaders from the corporate world: Business leaders will bring a daring Challenge to our Summer School. Join them and create innovative ideas to solve the Challenge.
- Be part of the ideas’ revolution to implement the Global Goals: As a participant of our Summer School you will work on a real-life Challenge being brought by a Challenge Owner and followed with a report at the Estoril Conferences in 2022.
- The future we need – develop a mindset for change: Unlock your potential and the potential of others to find solutions to the most pressing challenges our world is facing. You will look beyond and engage in trans-disciplinary conversations and turn uncertainty into a powerful resource.
- Going beyond the classic sight-seeing activities: Our free time activities are linked with the theme of the Summer School and will provide you with a unique learning experience from your arrival in Portugal until your departure.
- Broaden your horizon and network with a unique view: Two cocktail events with sea view where you will meet leading representatives of our Challenge Owners spiced up with a farewell dinner in a Portuguese traditional restaurant. Ready to discover your favorite Portuguese dish?
Global Nova School of Business and Economics Program 2021 Eligibility
Finding solutions to the world’s challenges will require creative and innovative approaches. Bachelor Students, Master’s Students, and recent graduates from all disciplines as well as young professionals with a passion and commitment for the Global Goals are invited to apply. Furthermore, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Possess a good standard of English language and comprehension (C1) to participate. Participants do not need to provide a language test result.
- To be able to fully participate in our program you are required to bring your own laptop/tablet.
- If you are studying at one of our partner Schools and would like to apply for a discount, we will also request a subscription confirmation from your School.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who would like to apply for this Portugal opportunity should click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications. During the application process you will be asked to share a maximum 300 word long motivational statement.
If you are studying at one of the Nova School of Business and Economics’s partner Schools and would like to apply for a discount, you will be required to provide a subscription confirmation from your School.