HEC Research Awards 2021 for Pakistan Researchers/Scholars
HEC invites Pakistani researchers/scholars to submit applications for HEC Research Awards competition. The purpose of HEC Research Awards is to recognize and reward excellence in research, contributions to intellectual development, and social welfare and promote publications with higher impact. The award includes a certificate and a cash prize.
Separate awards shall be given in three broad disciplinary domains:
- Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Law, Education, Management, or Public Policy
- Physical Sciences, Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics
- Life Sciences, Biological Sciences, Health Sciences, Pharmacy, Agriculture, or Veterinary Sciences
a) Best Researcher (A cash prize of Rs. 500,000/-)
Best Researcher Award aims to recognize and reward the researchers for their research contribution judged to be of highest quality. The potential awardees under this category will be the researchers who have contributed the most to intellectual and social development through their writings (i.e., not simply through their formal titles or positions). As such, while this is an award for a lifetime of achievement rather than a single publication or contribution, it does not preclude recognizing a single publication with a huge impact. On the other hand, the lifetime of achievement should be characterized by outstanding publications with demonstrated major impact.
b) Best Young Researcher (A cash prize of Rs. 500,000/-)
Best Researcher Award is presented to the early researcher under the age of 40, who is judged by the scientific panels to show the most promise of stimulating further research, addressing or resolving social problems, and enhancing the quality of research in Pakistan. The objective of this award is to recognize both the contribution and future potential of early-career researchers in terms of their research and publications. Here, too, selection should place due weight on particular outstanding and impactful discoveries and publications.
c) Best Publication (A cash prize of Rs. 1,000,000/-)
Best Publication is awarded to the publication i.e., book or journal article, that is judged by the scientific panels as likely to produce the greatest impact on human welfare, either by stimulating and opening up new areas of further research or by contributing to the resolution of a critical problem facing Pakistan and the world at large. The objective is to recognize and reward the publication that has produced a lasting impact on future research as well as socio-economic development in the country.
- The applicant has never been blacklisted by HEC
- The applicant/publication has not received the same award earlier
- None of the publications on Applicant/Authors’ credit is plagiarized as per HEC plagiarism policy
- The applicant must be resident of Pakistan for at least three years on 1st January 2021
- The applicant must be under 40 years of age on 1st January 2021
- The applicant must be a resident of Pakistan for at least one year on 1st January 2021
- The publication must be a scholarly book or journal article.
- The publication must not be more than three years before 1st January 2021
- The publication must be written by no more than three authors
- All authors must be residents of Pakistan for at least three years on 1st January 2021
- Research articles only published in a W-category journal in HEC Journal Recognition System (HJRS) are eligible
- Research articles must have a minimum citation count of 100
- Publications (including extended version of a paper) that have previously been submitted for the same category of the award are not eligible for resubmission viii. Books must be published by a recognized academic press as defined by HEC.
HOW TO APPLY – HEC Research Awards 2021 for Pakistan Researchers/Scholars
- All applications should use the .docx Application Form Document as the basis for the submission.
- Application must be submitted in English.
- Application should include a Table of Contents.
- All sections of the application form must be completed prior to submission.
- The limit for each section must not be exceeded.
- All pages of the form should have a page number.
- Tables should be completed in the format and length indicated in the relevant application form.
- All applications must be submitted through the HEC online portal (research.hec.gov.pk) by the applicants.
- Applicant must complete each section of the application as described in the attached links to the Application form .docx for individual award categories and submit duly filled and complete form in pdf format via HEC online portal along with the requisite documents.
- Application form templates are available in Downloads Section