Online Application for 2021 Admission 73rd Regular Course of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA)
Online application for admission into the 73rd Regular Course of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA),Kaduna will be available from Saturday 23rd January 2021 to Saturday 24th April 2021.
Prospective Cadets applying for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy must also apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), and must select Nigerian Defence Academy as the First Choice of Institution.
Such applicants are expected to sit for JAMB UNIFIED TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATIONS (UTME)
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of indigeneship from the state government or local government area.
- Be at least 17 years old and NOT more than 21 years old as at the month of September in the year of entry into the Academy.
- Must have a minimum of 5 ordinary level credits at GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NBAIS and NABTEB) English language, Mathematics and three other subjects which are relevant to the intended programme at not more than two sittings.
- Must have passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation examinations (UTME) and attain an acceptable minimum national standard (as determined by JAMB annual policy meeting) in English language, Mathematics and any other 2 subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out by the JAMB Brochure.
- Must NOT be less than 1.68 meters tall for male and 1.65 meters for female.
- French and Arabic, Madarin language is an added advantage.
- Application forms submitted without ordinary level results will NOT be accepted.
- Candidates awaiting results are not qualified.
- Only ordinary level examination results of NOT more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
- Admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only.
SCREENING TEST CONDITIONS
Only candidates who satisfied the admission requirements and must have the UTME score of 180 for Arts and Social Sciences and Science while 210 score for Engineering courses will be enabled to print the Screening Test Admission Card and participate in the NDA Screening Test at the centre of choice.
SCREENING TEST DATE AND REQUIREMENTS
The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the POST-UTME screening. Therefore, all elegible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Screening Test Admission Card, JAMB Result slip and (2) postcard size (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Screening Test Centre. The photographs would show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam number, State, Exam centre, Course of study and Signature at the back.
Only Successful candidates at the NDA Screening Test will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board (phase 2 of the screening test) following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
On Successful completion of training, graduands will earn a honours degree in a core discipline (BSc, BEng, BA).
They will equally earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed Force of Nigeria.