upadmissionsonline.up.edu.ph -AY 2021-2022 Application Admission Portal
The University of the Philippines (UP) as the National University is mandated to perform its unique and distinctive leadership in knowledge creation and public service. The UP is a vast System of 8 Constituent Universities located in 17 campuses, and UP students are from almost all regions of the country. They stand shoulder to shoulder to create a community of varied ideas, experiences and cultures. This is Tatak UP – a celebration of both diversity and unity.
- UP Baguio in the mountain province of Benguet is a leading institution in the Northern Philippines in the areas of science, mathematics, social sciences, and the humanities. It is internationally noted for its Cordillera Studies program.
- UP Cebu is the 8th constituent university and is located in Cebu City, a significant center of commerce and education in the Central Visayas. It offers 8 undergraduate programs under 4 colleges with a strong focus on its information technology and business programs.
- UP Diliman in Quezon City with its sprawling campus provides an eclectic and dynamic learning atmosphere with more than 1,500 faculty and close to 24,000 students. There are 77 undergraduate, 1 Juris Doctor, 1 BA-MA Honors, and 171 graduate degree programs across 26 colleges, centers & institutes, among which are 26 CHED Centers of Excellence.
- UP Diliman Extension Program in Pampanga located at the Clark Special Economic Zone offers three undergraduate programs with a focus on business and industry, and provides research opportunities on the development of indigenous people in Clark and Subic.
- UP Los Baños at the foot of Mt. Makiling is the country’s recognized leader in agriculture, forestry and environmental management. It has 9 CHED Centers of Excellence: agricultural engineering, agriculture, biology, forestry, information technology, environmental science, statistics, veterinary medicine, and development communication.
- UP Manila in the Ermita District is the premier institution for the health sciences with extension campuses of its School of Health Sciences established in Luzon (Baler, Aurora), Visayas (Palo, Leyte), and Mindanao (Koronadal, South Cotabato). It offers 18 undergraduate programs through its 9 degree-granting units.
- UP Visayas with beautiful campuses in Iloilo City, Iloilo; Miag-ao, Iloilo; and Tacloban, Leyte, is the acknowledged authority in marine science education and research, fisheries, and aquaculture in the country.
- UP Mindanao in Davao City has 9 undergraduate programs offered by the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, the College of Science and Mathematics, and the School of Management, providing affordable quality education to diverse, marginalized and deserving sectors in the Southern Philippines.
- UP Open University is the nation’s most comprehensive distance education institution with online degree programs at the baccalaureate, masters and doctoral levels, plus certificate and diploma programs, and continuing education courses. At the undergraduate level it offers an Associate in Arts degree (AA), pioneering Bachelor’s degress in Multimedia Studies (BAMS) and in Education Studies (BES) using online teaching technologies.
In line with the guiding spirit of ONE UNIVERSITY ONE UP, and the university’s commitment to high standards of academic excellence, qualification in undergraduate degree programs in UP is highly competitive. UP as the National University also takes affirmative steps in its admission process to enhance the access of disadvantaged students to high quality education. Tuition is free in UP.
The University Councils (UCs) of the UP System unanimously decided that there will be NO UP College Admission Test for the 2021 applicants in light of health and logistical issues brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic. The UCs further approved an additional assessment by academic units to qualify for a degree program, if deemed necessary. Applicants will be notified of such assessment or other additional requirements after the evaluation of their High School Records.
ADMISSION INTO THE UNIVERSITY
In the absence of a college admission test for the specific intake year 2021-2022, a composite of the final grades in Grade 8, 9, 10 and first semester of Grade 11 shall be the basis to determine the UP admission grade (UPG). Specific degree programs may request for additional requirements to qualify for admission, if deemed necessary. To implement the policy of democratic access, UP also considers socioeconomic and geographic factors in its admission process. (https://upcollegeadmissions.up.edu.ph)
A. CHOICE OF CAMPUS AND DEGREE PROGRAM
SELECTION for a Campus
Admission into UP via the upadmissionsonline.up.edu.ph portal is very selective due to high demand. Applicants come from very diverse backgrounds but they are all ranked based on indicators of academic preparedness for university life.
- Selection for admission to a campus is based on the applicant’s rank, campus quota and/or cut-off grade.
- A successful applicant can receive an offer of admission to only one of the applicant’s UP campus choices.
SELECTION for a Degree Program
The successful applicants for a given campus are ranked according to grade predictors and quotas of their chosen degree programs. Some degree programs are more competitive due to high demand.
- Applicants should choose only degree programs they are interested in. If an applicant is not successful for his/her first choice of campus, the process continues in order of priority of the remaining choices.
- Applicants who are selected for a given campus but have not been selected for any of their chosen degree programs in that campus will be assisted by the Office of the University Registrar to choose a degree program with available slots (DPWAS).
If your application to any of your campus choices is not successful, you may appeal for admission to a degree program in another UP campus if your admission score is within the campus’ cut-off grade, and the program has available slots.
- Some campuses are not open to appeals. Please check the different campus websites to find out which campuses are open to appeals.
- Each campus may have additional criteria in processing appeals.
B. THE ISKOLAR NG BAYAN PROGRAM
If you are a Filipino public high school graduate in the Top Ten of your graduating class, you may apply for freshman automatic admission for SY 2021-2022, as provided by the Iskolar ng Bayan Law of 2014. The law also requires that you comply with other admission requirements of the university and enroll in a UP Campus that is in the same region as your high school.
- You are entitled to free tuition and other school fees for the first year of college.
- Application forms for the Iskolar ng Bayan program may be obtained from the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) or Office of Scholarships and Grants (OSG) of the campus you wish to enroll in.
- There are limited slots per campus for the Iskolar ng Bayan Program.
C. INTERNATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Foreign OR Filipino applicants who have graduated or are graduating from a secondary school school abroad (i.e. international applicant) and have not enrolled in college before SY 2021-2022 may be admitted as freshmen by automatic admission, provided they meet other admission requirements, including qualifications for college admission by national or international foreign-administered examinations. For details please visit https://upcollegeadmissions.up.edu.ph.
D. TRANSFER ADMISSIONS (NOT FOR FRESHMEN)
Students from other universities may apply for transfer to a UP campus after earning 33 academic units in another school with a weighted average of 2.00 or better on the UP marking system. Information regarding transfer procedures to UP may be obtained from the Office of the University Registrar of the respective UP campuses.
To minimize exposure to the coronavirus, all forms shall be submitted online. Applicants shall accomplish Form 1 (Personal Data Sheet) electronically and upload their photo and electronic signature. Some questions in the PDS will be used for research and have no bearing in the evaluation for admission. However, we encourage applicants to fill out information as completely as they can to enable the University to conduct better analyses of data.
High Schools shall be requested to log on to the Grades Submission link to accomplish Form 2 (High School Records) on behalf of the applicants.
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSIONS FOR AY 2021-2022 VIA upadmissionsonline.up.edu.ph Portal
I. MINIMUM APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS BEFORE APPLYING VIA
- Senior high school student expecting to graduate before SY 2021-2022 from a DepEd-accredited high school or an accredited secondary school abroad; OR
- Graduate of a DepEd- accredited high school or accredited secondary school abroad; AND
- Must have final grades for Grade 8, 9, 10 and first semester of Grade 11;
- Must not have taken any college subject/s; AND
- Must not have taken the UP College Admission Test before.
|DATES TO REMEMBER|
|START OF ONLINE APPLICATION PERIOD||7 January 2021|
|DEADLINE FOR FILING OF APPLICATIONS:||15 February 2021|
CHECKLIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Before you start your application via the upadmissionsonline.up.edu.ph admission portal, please prepare the following documents that you are required to submit together with your application. Refer to this checklist before you submit Form 1.
|CATEGORY OF APPLICANT||REQUIRED DOCUMENTS*|
|All applicants||Fully accomplished Forms:|
|Form 1 Personal Data Sheet|
|Form 2 High School Record|
|IF High school graduate||High school diploma|
|IF Graduating in 2021 from a local HS||DepEd Certificate of Recognition or Permit to Operate|
|ONLY IF Transferee (i.e. has taken subjects from another high school)||Certified clear photocopy of the Permanent Secondary School Record (F137) from other school with all the grades earned therein|
|For Foreign Applicants Only||Proof of payment of application processing fee|
II. HOW TO APPLY VIA upadmissionsonline.up.edu.ph
For ONLINE application: Go to https://upadmissionsonline.up.edu.ph.
- You will need a valid email address for logging on to your application account and for receiving notifications about your application status and results.
- Please check if the email address you intend to register in order to file your application has not been compromised in a data breach. Kindly refer to https://haveibeenpwned.com/.
- We strongly encourage the use of secured e-mail accounts preferably with two-step verification to better protect your right to data privacy.
- When you create your account do not recycle or re-use passwords already associated with the email address you intend to register in order to secure your personal data.
- Please keep your access credentials secure.
- Do not create multiple accounts as these will cause much delay in accessing your application forms.
- You are required to read the UP Privacy Notice for Applicants for Freshmen Admissions Academic Year 2021-2022 before creating your account and filling out Form 1.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Fill out Form 1 completely.
Step 2. The Online portal upadmissionsonline.up.edu.ph shall automatically forward a request to your high school principal/school head to fill out Form 2 (Secondary School Record).
- Only a duly authorized school official may fill out this form with your high school records.
- Your accomplished Form 2 shall be forwarded to you for your own record-keeping. You should raise to your high school any issues in your grades to ensure the veracity of records to be used in your application.
Step 3. FOR NON-FILIPINO APPLICANTS ONLY: Pay the Application fee.
The non-refundable Application Fee is:
- P450 for resident foreign applicants studying in the Philippines
- US$50 for non-resident foreign applicants
Step 4. Check if the completed Forms 1 and 2 and all other required documents are uploaded in the Online Portal.
Visit https://upcollegeadmissions.up.edu.ph regularly for announcements and updates regarding your application for admission.
III. APPLICATION RESULTS
Check the UP website (https://upcollegeadmissions.up.edu.ph) for announcements on the application results. You will need the same email account that you used for application to view your application results. If you qualify for admission to UP, register according to the instructions provided by the college or unit to which you have been accepted.
For more Information: Visit upadmissionsonline.up.edu.ph