2021 Cyber-Defence CYD Master Thesis Fellowship
Deadline: On Rolling basis
Applications for the 2021 Cyber-Defence (CYD) Master Thesis Fellowship are now open. To promote research and education in cyber-defence, the EPFL and the Cyber-Defence (CYD) Campus have jointly launched the “CYD Fellowships – A Talent Program for Cyber-Defence Research.”
The CYD Master Thesis applicants can select one master thesis topic out of 58 topics defined by the CYD Campus, or they may propose their own thesis topic (in which case, they must select “other” on the application platform). The full list of topics is available here.
This program is highly competitive, and the primary evaluation criterion is excellence, as measured by academic records and professional accomplishments. Candidates applying for a CYD fellowship are expected to have excellent grade transcripts.
The CYD Master Thesis Fellowships are open to researchers at master level who are willing to engage with issues cutting across the frontiers of cyber-security and data science, with a particular emphasis on:
- Novel technologies for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of cyber and cyber-physical systems.
- Privacy-enhancing technologies.
- Data science and artificial intelligence methods for analysing cyber- and technology-relevant data.
- Research on vulnerabilities and backdoors in digital systems.
Eligible costs include and are limited to:
- Living allowance equal to CHF 2,000 per month for a maximum duration of 6 months.
- Research costs: a maximum amount of CHF 1,500 can be granted for research costs.
- Citizens of any nationality may apply for the CYD Master Thesis Fellowships.
- No age restrictions apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Master program at a higher education institution (university or school of applied sciences) in Switzerland and have the endorsement of a professor employed in this institution willing to supervise them.
All required documents must be submitted via the online submission platform. All documents must be submitted in English.
For more information, visit CYD Master Thesis Fellowship