European Space Agency (ESA) 2021 Young Graduate Trainee (YGT) Programme
The 2021 ESA YGT opportunities are now open for applications until 1 March. Positions are available in engineering, science, IT and business services.
The ESA YGT Programme offers young graduates with a Master a unique opportunity to work on inspiring space missions at the heart of European space activities. Join our family of scientists, engineers and business professionals from all over Europe working together in an international and friendly environment.
How to apply?
- Explore our Young Graduate Trainee opportunities HERE.
- Select the one opportunity that genuinely interests you and fits best with your educational background. Due to the high number of applications received each year, we can only accept a maximum of two applications per person. Should you apply for more vacancies, all your applications will be disregarded. If your profile is of interest for another position, we will share it with the hiring manager.
- Register and create your candidate profile with your CV and motivation letter.
- Apply! You will be able to track the status of your application throughout the process.
Who can Apply?
To be eligible for the YGT programme, you must be:
- a student in the final year of a Master’s degree at a university or equivalent institute, or have just graduated. You must have completed your Master’s degree by the time you start to work at ESA
- a citizen of one of the following ESA Member States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Nationals from Latvia and Slovenia, as Associate Members, or Canada as a Cooperating State, can apply as well as those from Bulgaria, Cyprus, Lithuania and Slovakia as European Cooperating States.
What we offer
Inspiring space missions and a unique experience
As an ESA YGT, you will gain valuable on-the-job experience in the development and operation of space missions in a multi-cultural and friendly environment. This can be a launch pad to many exciting opportunities within Europe’s space sector.
European Space Agency (ESA) 2021 Young Graduate Trainee (YGT) Programme Salary and Benefits
Young Graduate Trainees benefit from
- a one-year contract (with possible extension for a second year) with 2.5 days paid leave per month.
- A salary of €2300 – €2700 per month (depending on location of the ESA establishment) exempt from national income tax in ESA Member States, as well as excellent employment conditions.
- Travel expenses reimbursed at the beginning and end of the contract.
- Expatriation allowance and/or installation allowance on arrival if you move from another country. Excess luggage costs are also reimbursed.
- Comprehensive health cover under ESA’s social security scheme. Please note that the traineeship period is not considered as service conferring entitlement to pension benefits under ESA’s pension schemes.