DEADLINE: February 14th 2020
NAREP Oil and Gas Media Fellowship 2021
The Premium Times Centre for Investigative Journalism (PTCIJ), through its Natural Resource and Extractive Programme (NAREP), is pleased to invite journalists, media professionals, researchers and analysts in the oil and gas sector to apply for its flagship 2021 media fellowship.
NAREP aims to strengthen the capacity of media and civil society to demand transparency and accountability in the extractive sector by enhancing media and civil society collaboration in the reporting of activities in the industry. It seeks to highlight issues, and help set the agenda for the government in designing strategies for revenue diversification by looking beyond oil. This fellowship aims to advance natural resource journalism in Nigeria.
- Training and Mentorship opportunities for fellows
- Access to data and resources in the oil and gas industry
- 100,000 Naira monthly Stipend
- Media Appearances on topical oil and gas issues
- Pitches must be centered around the oil and gas sector.
Applicants must have relevant experience in investigative reporting, data, or policy analysis.
- Female journalists are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. (If you do not hear from us by the middle of February, please consider your application unsuccessful.)
Interested applicants should send a pitch for a story they would pursue in the first month of their fellowship. Selected journalists will be notified by email and will be mentored for three months for the effective execution of approved story ideas.